The Lightning Seeds

Broudie has a great pedigree - I first heard him as part of the Original Mirrors who were excellent
He produced a few early Bunnymen songs (Rescue and Pride from the first album) and most of the Porcupine album
He also produced a couple of albums by Dodgy which were excellent and the 2nd album from our old friends Republica
The Lightning Seeds were always very listenable if not earth shatteringly brilliant

Last edited:
Any fans?

They took part on listening parties last night and ran through Jollification.

Never bothered with them but found that to be a decent pop record actually.

Me. Was a big fan growing up. Talented bloke Ian Broudie, as a writer and producer.

Strong singles band - I don't listen to many of their albums through but their best of (Like You Do?) was a cracker. Saw them at V years ago, late 90s I suppose, and they essentially played a best of set and it was very good. Excellent pop.

Any fans?

They took part on listening parties last night and ran through Jollification.

Never bothered with them but found that to be a decent pop record actually.

Pleasant enough I suppose, I wouldn’t turn the radio off if they came on but a bit insipid for me.

Pure & Simple is a great song

Broudie has had quite a bit to do with helping up and coming bands in the North West iirc. Known to let them use his studio and is around to offer musical tips and general industry advice.

Pure & Simple is a great song

Broudie has had quite a bit to do with helping up and coming bands in the North West iirc. Known to let them use his studio and is around to offer musical tips and general industry advice.
Pure wasnt it? Great song.Loved this song n'all, with Terry Hall on vocal

Back