The lifesaving food 90% aren’t eating enough of

Discussion in 'SMB' started by steve30000, Jan 11, 2019.

1. It's my default and I like it, unfortunately despite the health benefits, wholemeal is worse for gout.
    It's a delicate balancing act.

2. PTR

PTR Striker

WOW. Are we the same person? You're my cockney twin I think.

Also have bad acid reflux (as well as shocking heartburn), PPI's control it pretty well, but I have to be careful not to go to bed full.
    Also have a hiatus hernia - although I haven't yet considered the op. What did you think of it? Good sides / bad sides?

These are the probiotics I'm taking - any idea if they're any good?
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VEILW04/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Hiatus hernia as well, albeit small. I’m under 30 and the regurgitation had become debilitating so I pushed for the operation, I didn’t fancy taking PPIs for the next 50+ years.

I was lucky enough to be able to have it done privately, albeit at an NHS hospital. I had a partial wrap of 280° rather than a full Nissen wrap, the thinking being the side effects are less. It’s been ok since, pretty uncomfortable right after surgery and my abs have been very sore, better 5 days post-op.

I haven’t had any reflux since, but I can feel some pressure which I think is it trying to come up, that’s lessening by the day too though. Main downside is the restrictive diet after the operation, 2+ weeks of liquids / mush.

As for those probiotics, I’m not really sure. The amount you get for the price rings some alarm bells, they also seem to only provide 1 billion cultures per capsule which is comparatively low.

PTR likes this.
  4. Just read part of that. Fascinating. "of all the cells in your body only43% are human". That might explain some of the posters on here.

:lol:

chriswallace85, PTR and Big Duke Six like this.
  5. PTR

PTR Striker

Glad to hear its helping you.
    I'm of the same opinion with PPIs and could go on about it for a long time, but I'll restrain myself!

As its happens, they sent me a full extra free pack of those tablets in return for writing a review. So they're even cheaper!
    I'm happy to look at others mind, I'll check what you posted earlier.

In other news, I'm having my first ever go of Huel today.

Its hard to say anything other than "its rank" so far, if I'm being honest.

6. My flatmate was into those meal replacement things, he had Soylent, they’re all shite IMO and not a proper replacement for real food. Gives you absolutely vile gas too.

Needless to say he didn’t manage to stick at it in the long term.

PTR likes this.
  7. PTR

PTR Striker

I'm only planning on replacing 2 to 4 lunches per week.