The Leas - South Shields

does the OP mean the coast road? If so, I imagine half of the pavement will be removed and converted to a cycle lane leaving the parking there

does the OP mean the coast road? If so, I imagine half of the pavement will be removed and converted to a cycle lane leaving the parking there
No, it looks like they’re extending the existing pathway into the parking areas. They’ve also started taking out the central road crossing refuges, so I assume they’re narrowing the road

No, it looks like they’re extending the existing pathway into the parking areas. They’ve also started taking out the central road crossing refuges, so I assume they’re narrowing the road
That's what I thought when I went running along there yesterday, the new curb on the widened path is about half way across the current parking bays. They'll probably just get rid of the 2-3 foot of hatched area between the two lanes, which is what they've done on the section between marsden bank and the grotto

Learn your history re tarmac roads.

It was as a result of a cycling campaign that roads were made with a tarmac surface.

You may be ignorant of history, but it is still correct
So there would be no tarmac roads if it wasn't for cyclists all those years ago.

Im in stitches here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back