The League

Travis

Striker
Tonight was embarrassing, last week was embarrassing, another lacklustre performance vs Gillingham. However I’m not going to hit the panic button just yet as I really don’t care about cup games. We have to somehow get out this league, if playing fewer games helps that then so be it. We aren’t pulling up any trees in the league either but we are still in a decent enough position with just over a third of the season gone.

Somehow the club have to get this rabble playing again. The manager has to find a way to get the best out of the players at his disposal and we have to try and muster some energy to support the useless twats.

The manager ain’t going anywhere, the owners are here for now and hopefully we have to hold out some hope January will bring a boost on the playing side.

Does that make me a happy clapper? Fuck off. I’m not happy, I’m just not going to spend my time whining on about something I can’t change.

Last edited:

Getting knocked out of the cup tonight could well be a blessing in disguise.

The fact that that we played a supposedly strong side and crumbled like we did is extremely worrying though.
Of course. Same as last week. I get the manager wanted the players to get a result and start winning games but that shit backfired big time. We have played better in the cup playing the younguns and fringe players, why change that? Parkinson needs to sort his team out and start prepping for some big league games.

The fact that that we played a supposedly strong side and crumbled like we did is extremely worrying though.
It’s the injury’s and players getting injections to play a small time cup rather than blooding the youngsters that is worry about.

Just got back and that wasn't a blessing at all. We put out a 'strong' side on paper and they were not only completely outplayed by a very poor Scunthorpe side, they were also beyond terrible. We have zero strategy, we can't string two passes together and on the odd occassion we do get into an attacking position are either too slow or chose the wrong option. We still get bullied every game by bigger stronger teams as well. There are no positives to take from tonight and we will sink a lot further down the league before the window opens with that sort of 'performance'.

Not one player had what I would even describe as an 'acceptable' game. They were all shite tonight and its becoming an alarming habit. The players looked dispirited and depressed. They got on well with Ross and have not reacted well to the change. Performances were not great leading upto Ross's sacking but tonight was beyond the pale and comes off the back of three other poor displays, so that's 4 now back to back.

If Parkinson has a game plan and a pattern of play then I am damned if I can tell what it is and it seems the players don't know either. He's doing his best to make Ross look like Pep here.

Last edited:

Back