The Last Kingdom

The taxpayers.

The Tories had to make the decision to continue financing the free licences for over 75's introduced by Labour or remove it - but Cameron & Osborne bottled it as they would be hitting their core vote. So the cost was spread between all the other licence payers - many who were/are in poverty.

The taxpayer? Everybody who lives here (excludes the Bransons of this world) pays tax - the TV licence is a tax, VAT is an tax both of which disproportionately affect the poor.

The Tories had to make the decision to continue financing the free licences for over 75's introduced by Labour or remove it - but Cameron & Osborne bottled it as they would be hitting their core vote. So the cost was spread between all the other licence payers - many who were/are in poverty.

The taxpayer? Everybody who lives here (excludes the Bransons of this world) pays tax - the TV licence is a tax, VAT is an tax both of which disproportionately affect the poor.
It's paid for through general taxation.

Just finished Season 3, brilliant mind. Can't see anyway of following that mind so surely it's finished now?
I haven’t seen series 3 yet but the books are still being written so it’s nowhere near finished yet. Latest one came out a couple of weeks ago so there is at least one more after that to come or maybe more as I haven’t read the latest book yet either!

onto episode 6 (season 3)... very good , shame its no longer on BBC as deserves a wider audience
I really enjoyed the whole series. David Dawson as Alfred was excellent. I read that Netflix were congratulating themselves on being responsible for making the series a 'global hit', after they took it over from BBC.

Back