The Last Kingdom

. I thought the makeup person was a bit heavy handed on the old eyeliner with Uhtred now and then.
Aye, I thought he was starting to look like Capt Jack Sparrow (jonny depp).... still, canny watch, can tell after the success of the first series that this second series has been given a bigger budget and better for it , anyone who likes Game Of Thrones would like this

Aye, I thought he was starting to look like Capt Jack Sparrow (jonny depp).... still, canny watch, can tell after the success of the first series that this second series has been given a bigger budget and better for it , anyone who likes Game Of Thrones would like this
I prefer this to Game of Thrones as I got fed up with how things were drawn out...and rather irritated by the female nudity. Probably the only person on this board who was irritated by that tbh. :lol:

Interesting. But which 2 brothers? Uhtred and Ragnar or Siegfried and (I'm tempted to say Roy...) whoever...? Does Thyra get a decent story or is that it for her?

Siegfried and Erik Roy. As I recall, Thyra and Beocca get married, start a family and become a lot less central to the stories. Other characters will come and go over the series, assuming the BBC continue to make it. Uhtred's onbviously a constant, as is Finan.

Siegfried and Erik Roy. As I recall, Thyra and Beocca get married, start a family and become a lot less central to the stories. Other characters will come and go over the series, assuming the BBC continue to make it. Uhtred's onbviously a constant, as is Finan.
Ah so the mad Lords of Chaos return. They had some good one liners. Wondered if a thing would develop between Beocca and Thyra. Finan makes up for...the bloke in the last series who called everyone 'arseling' and who died...and I can't remember his name, though he is a miss.

Ah so the mad Lords of Chaos return. They had some good one liners. Wondered if a thing would develop between Beocca and Thyra. Finan makes up for...the bloke in the last series who called everyone 'arseling' and who died...and I can't remember his name, though he is a miss.

Aye, Leofric. I think Brida calling Uhtred an arseling was one of the first times the word's been used this series.

Aye, Leofric. I think Brida calling Uhtred an arseling was one of the first times the word's been used this series.
That's him. I think I heard someone else use it last week as I remember thinking it's still in use. Just can't remember who, though.

Very much a scene setting episode last night. Both Haesten and Father Pyrlig, who were introduced last night, appeared a lot earlier in the books. Pyrlig was fat and Welsh in the books as well...

Caught up on them all last night. Don't really like the episodic approach this series and the fifth one was poor, nothing really happened. Still, better than 95% of the garbage on TV these days.

good stuff, I would recommend the books, as is always the case they have more depth and detail than the TV series can, but a very good read.

Also just caught onto Vikings on Blaze....canny as well

Oh, it wasn't. Probably the least good episode of the 5 so far in this series.
I agree - but only because the others have been so good. I enjoyed Father Beocca, however. I was wondering where the series was going to go next, so basically it was a scene setter. I would be very wary of antagonising Alfred's Mrs I have to say!

Very much a scene setting episode last night. Both Haesten and Father Pyrlig, who were introduced last night, appeared a lot earlier in the books. Pyrlig was fat and Welsh in the books as well...

I'm sure it said Pyrlig was a Briton in that episode. Same thing as Welsh basically.

The first thing I'd like to note from the last episode is: What a delight it was to see Lady Aethelflaed's arse :cool:

Also just realised Clapa (Sp?) is played by a former World's Strongest Man.

Logon or register to see this image

Back