The Lake District.

Probably my favourite place in the world really. Because it's beautiful and English.

Hard to choose a favourite but I guess the place I keep going back to is Langdale. Love the walk up Side pike, past Blea tarn and down in to Little Langdale. Pint at Elterwater, another at Wainwrights in Chapel Stile then back along through Great Langdale for pints at the Old Dungeon Ghyll then a dance to a band at the Sticklebarn. Class man.

Can't wait to get me camper done for next year and get back up there.

Probably my favourite place in the world really. Because it's beautiful and English.

Hard to choose a favourite but I guess the place I keep going back to is Langdale. Love the walk up Side pike, past Blea tarn and down in to Little Langdale. Pint at Elterwater, another at Wainwrights in Chapel Stile then back along through Great Langdale for pints at the Old Dungeon Ghyll then a dance to a band at the Sticklebarn. Class man.

Can't wait to get me camper done for next year and get back up there.

Did that exact walk with my dad this year, had about 14 pints after the whole thing and kipped on the grass in the car park at the dungeon ghyll mortal. Hell of a day
Lucky her! How come she ended up there?

Was in Chamonix a fortnight ago climbing the foothills of Mont Blanc, £70 return flights, transfer from Geneva £70 return, cheap hotel...can’t go wrong.

And it’s too bloody busy! There’s no denying that the lakes is a stunning area but I feel it’s become a victim of its own success, the likes of Julia Bradley’s programmes etc have done wonders for the local economy but for me personally, it’s took the edge off the place. I tend to go during the week now when there’s no one about. Maybe I’m just a miserable bastard though

True like. Does my head in geassmere/ambleside/keswick etc.. canny if you have posh kids though.

I left my car up past grassmere and got the bus to dungeon ghyll and hiked up to stickle tarn on my own with just bivvy bag and tarp and camped out, earlier in the year. Slice of space cake and a good book, phone turned off, little bit whisky, was amazing . Especially the sun rise in the morning. Spent the day walking back over the top to the car. Stopped at the bunk house at kirkstone pass in next night was £12 for the night and i was only person there. Its mint when you have the lakes to yourself but it's not easy

Last edited:

Back