The Lake District.

Ullswater for me.
Holds some very special memories and superb scenery.
Spent a few nights camping with my cousin when younger and met a local lass the first night who ended up staying in the tent. Fair play to my cousin for sleeping in the car :) Mind you he pulled her mate the next night and we both ended up at her place and thus the tent was empty. Happy memories.
Here now at the Brackenrigg Inn - got a lake view room, in the bar seeing my way through a San Miguel and burger. Ullswater is class.

I’d be shocked if there was an easier way than out of Thirlmere , that’s what I did yesterday. No scrambling, all walking and all paths.

2 miles up and just over 3000ft climbing. Did it 1hr 10 mins.

Out of Glenridding and Patterdale you’ve got the edges to go over, I haven’t done them yet and guess they’re not too bad but I wouldn’t have fancied in winds yesterday
Don’t have to do the edges if your prepared to do a couple more miles. See my earlier post. Or head up the side of Sheffield pike and up onto raise then helvelyn.

During my time on furlough I climbed Skiddaw and Blencathra, and just this weekend a bunch of us done Fairfield Peak and some of the other hills in the area. All of the walks have been cracking like. We're doing Scafell in a few weeks time and stopping over in Kendal for some pints, well looking forward to it.

Back