The King of Tinned Soups

Home made soup. Plenty of varieties. Easy to make. Nutritious, no additives. Pisses all over anything that comes out out of a tin. And cheaper too.

While this is all undoubtedly true, it only takes 3 minutes to microwave a tin of soup which is usually the prime consideration on the occasions I eat one.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to get garlic soup in tins although this hs the advantage that you can vary it as you like. Not much of a fan of soup but this always hits the spot.

I'm a fan of Yotam Ottolenghi's garlic soup recipe.

I'm a fan of Yotam Ottolenghi's garlic soup recipe.
Hadn't come across that one before (I'm assuming it's the one using harissa). Going to give it a try although I'm not sure I'd bother making my own harissa. It's what I like about making your own garlic soup, you can vary the strength and it can deal with all sorts of 'additions'.

Hadn't come across that one before (I'm assuming it's the one using harissa). Going to give it a try although I'm not sure I'd bother making my own harissa. It's what I like about making your own garlic soup, you can vary the strength and it can deal with all sorts of 'additions'.

That's the one. I made the harissa once it was nice but it's a faff on and it went off quite quickly. I just buy the jars from Tesco now.

Back