The king of the Fulwell End - Sammy Smith RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy smith a hero of my youth will be sadly missed by us all.. A true roker park lad with who could of written a book 6 foot thick with his exeploits following his beloverd sunderland... Never forgotton by the older generation ...R I P MATE from your old pal hutch.

Very sad to hear.

My first time in the Fulwell End was v Wrexham in the FA Cup 1976-77 season.. and I heard the famous words in the cage "Sammy is our leader".

Thanks for the memories Big Man, RIP.

Very sorry to hear that, very sorry.

Sammy wasn't a perfect human being but he was a real character who enjoyed life and following Sunderland.

His like may never be seen again and his passing, despite what some might believe, makes the world a little less interesting.

God bless mate, you made a lot laugh and one or two cry ;)

Last edited:
Sammy smith a hero of my youth will be sadly missed by us all.. A true roker park lad with who could of written a book 10000 pages thick with his exeploits following his beloverd sunderland... Never forgotton by the older generation ...R I P MATE from your old pal hutch.

Think a few of us owld 'uns would be grateful if you would post any funeral arrangements when you hear of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back