The king of the Fulwell End - Sammy Smith RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just remembered another Sammy story.

I think it was during McEnemy's time (but it could have been Buxton / Butcher?) and we were slipping to yet another heavy home defeat. Sammy ran on to the pitch, got to the centre circle and turned towards the dug out / directors box in the main stand. He aggressively ripped off his scarf and stamped on it a couple of times, standing angrily gesturing for a second or 2.

Then he comically picked his scarf back up and ran back into the crowd. Well why waste a perfectly good scarf :)

I kid you not.

Walking back from the match past the multi storey car park at the south of the bridge I heard 3 middle aged blokes telling the Sammy "I'm not a geordie I'm a mechanic" story.

:lol:

Anyone off here?

I kid you not.

Walking back from the match past the multi storey car park at the south of the bridge I heard 3 middle aged blokes telling the Sammy "I'm not a geordie I'm a mechanic" story.

:lol:

Anyone off here?

My mate told me that story yesterday but I think you probably know him / them.

Haway then, hoy the story up;)

I assume it's already on the thread but...

The lad said it was down Millwall (actually it was one of the older lads not MF, sorry Zak's Dad). They got chased and Sammy slid under a car leaving his legs sticking out the front. Millwall were shouting get out you Geordie bastard and Sammy said I'm not a Geordie I'm a mechanic.

He also told another tale down Blackpool. Sammy got on the players bus and put a rather micey scarf around Barry Sidall's neck. He then got off and as the bus pulled away the lad saw Sidall picking it off his neck grimacing :)

I assume it's already on the thread but...

The lad said it was down Millwall (actually it was one of the older lads not MF, sorry Zak's Dad). They got chased and Sammy slid under a car leaving his legs sticking out the front. Millwall were shouting get out you Geordie bastard and Sammy said I'm not a Geordie I'm a mechanic.

He also told another tale down Blackpool. Sammy got on the players bus and put a rather micey scarf around Barry Sidall's neck. He then got off and as the bus pulled away the lad saw Sidall picking it off his neck grimacing :)

Ah yes, was it not at Charlton when Millwall turned up? Circa 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back