the killers - pre-sale

not for me mate, wife n daughter (no/no)... I really liked there earlier stuff mind but not as keen on what they have done since although I did see the Glastonbury set which I thought was best o the weekend .
anyway.. I'm still after a code :lol:

Bought Album to get pre-sale code... (was going to buy anyway).. Got on for 9am when it went live and all tickets were already pending payment so basically sold out for every section.. Waste of time trying...

Some are already on eBay for £180 each..

this is problem with all gigs , about50% are bought just for re-sale, they really need to sit down an think of how to stop this as its becoming the norm now

photos on tickets has to be the way

That's not practical, for a variety of reasons.
There's no perfect solution, but making the resale of tickets for more than face value illegal would be a good start. If there's no profit to be made then that frees up more tickets to genuine fans.

photos on tickets has to be the way

Make tickets non-transferrable, take names at time of booking, print them on the ticket and make people show ID when entering the venue. Charge £20 for a name change but must be requested in writing. Will never eliminate it but would reduce it significantly.

Make tickets non-transferrable, take names at time of booking, print them on the ticket and make people show ID when entering the venue. Charge £20 for a name change but must be requested in writing. Will never eliminate it but would reduce it significantly.

These type of things have already been tried but it isn't fool proof and isn't all that practical.

Credit Card entry has been brought in for some gigs so its ticketless and you just turn up with confirmation email for seat numbers etc and the credit card is scanned to allow entry. But even this has been worked around by the online touts just ordering tickets on pre-pay credit cards then passing that on when selling (as crazy as that sounds!).

Major problem are the ticket companies themselves. Most of them now have their noses in too many troughs. Its not in their interest to actually make the process fair as a lot of them skim a fee from the original sale and then make even more when its resold on their "alternative" sources.

I'm sure I saw an article somewhere claiming that a certain well known ticket company employed people to buy up their own tickets so they could then resell them on their sister site at vastly inflated prices.
At the moment it's just too easy for touts.
I buy tickets frequently, mostly for myself, but sometimes for others as presents. Things like names on tickets, photos, showing ID etc aren't practical in a lot of cases and shouldn't be necessary. This is why I think if you can get the law changed to restrict the resale of tickets to them being sold at face value or below then you'll put off a lot of people who want to buy for profit, but you'll still enable people to shift tickets for events they can no longer attend without them losing money. Tickets being non refundable is another gripe of mine, if you could return tickets then that would help remove the need to use resale sites who again add on sky high service fees.
Then there's booking fees: if we must have them there should be a cap or standard charge as I'm sure these prices are just plucked out of the air, and seem to range from "thieving bastards" to "total and utter robbing c**ts!"

I'm sure I saw an article somewhere claiming that a certain well known ticket company employed people to buy up their own tickets so they could then resell them on their sister site at vastly inflated prices.
At the moment it's just too easy for touts.
I buy tickets frequently, mostly for myself, but sometimes for others as presents. Things like names on tickets, photos, showing ID etc aren't practical in a lot of cases and shouldn't be necessary. This is why I think if you can get the law changed to restrict the resale of tickets to them being sold at face value or below then you'll put off a lot of people who want to buy for profit, but you'll still enable people to shift tickets for events they can no longer attend without them losing money. Tickets being non refundable is another gripe of mine, if you could return tickets then that would help remove the need to use resale sites who again add on sky high service fees.
Then there's booking fees: if we must have them there should be a cap or standard charge as I'm sure these prices are just plucked out of the air, and seem to range from "thieving bastards" to "total and utter robbing c**ts!"

Sadly though governments aren't interested in laws that protect customers from being ripped off. Especially when it's going to put some companies out of business effectively.

Playing a gig at the Brixton Academy on the 12th of September.

Tickets on sale from Thursday at 09:00 on Ticketmaster.

One of the rare chances that you'll get to see them in an intimate venue. :)

Playing a gig at the Brixton Academy on the 12th of September.

Tickets on sale from Thursday at 09:00 on Ticketmaster.

One of the rare chances that you'll get to see them in an intimate venue. :)

Sold out at ten to nine with every ticket available on Viagogo at three times the price at 09.00.........

Back