The Jury

Anyone watching this on C4

Never done jury service so will be interesting to see

The accused looks like Beale (murder not crimes against football)

Last edited:

I’ll third the ‘oh is that what he’s doing now?’ Initial first thought.

The concept sounded interesting but it looks to me that they’ve picked two juries of loud, attention-seeking, not-very-bright wannabes.

It’s not realistic.

You’re not allowed to discuss the trial with your fellow jurors until all evidence has been heard and jury retires.
Was going to say surely the jury don’t hear little bits and keep getting let out to discuss it amongst themselves.

I did find it interesting/scary how quick some were judging him as guilty very early on though - I know in real life they won’t discuss it but it shows that some jurors will stubbornly just go ‘guilty’ early on.
Woman I worked with did jury service

Said 'I knew he was guilty as soon as he walked in'
Frightening thought that like. Judged guilty just by the way you walk. :eek:

Was going to say surely the jury don’t hear little bits and keep getting let out to discuss it amongst themselves.

I did find it interesting/scary how quick some were judging him as guilty very early on though - I know in real life they won’t discuss it but it shows that some jurors will stubbornly just go ‘guilty’ early on.

Frightening thought that like. Judged guilty just by the way you walk. :eek:
You don’t marra.

Not watched it and won’t. I’ve done jury service twice. The second time was the most harrowing thing I have ever encountered.

Bloody awful it really affected me for quite some time afterwards.
Never understood the people who say they would love to do it given the absolute horrors that could come your way

Not watched it and won’t. I’ve done jury service twice. The second time was the most harrowing thing I have ever encountered.

Bloody awful it really affected me for quite some time afterwards.
Did it years ago and was for a crime I wouldn't want anyone to have to be on a jury for. Full two week trial and glad when it was over and hope I don't again. Some people didn't get to sit on any jury in the two weeks and some were sent home half way through the second week.I thought the security was awful at the crown court to don't know what it's like now.

Back