The Jam

The gift is my current favourite,

They also played seaburn, Marty in hot rats used to have the gig poster up in the shop next to Durham book centre.

Not in the bright lights of the big smoke
Yep,I am thinking people boasted about seeing them at Seaburn and I just mis remembered. One lad I used to know admitted to me him and his mates used to tell everyone they had been there when the hadn't really. Swore me to secrecy. Bet a few on here would know him too.

Class....I was just that couple of years too young.....12 in 82 when they split.
Wasn't it just a fine time....
And the coach trip to Bridlington for the farewell tour. I remember the driver got lost and was reversing in quite a narrow side street, several times forwards and backwards to be able to get round a corner. Some bright spark at the back shouted “aye mate, reverse is f***ing working, now try forward”.

Missed the support act, who were not much good by all accounts but we made it in time “Put your hands together for the best f***ing rock and roll band in the world.....THE JAM!”.

Rest of the night is a bit of a blur, place was rammed and the whole building was bouncing with an over enthusiastic crowd.

Not sure the coach driver would be alive if we missed the start.

Yep,I am thinking people boasted about seeing them at Seaburn and I just mis remembered. One lad I used to know admitted to me him and his mates used to tell everyone they had been there when the hadn't really. Swore me to secrecy. Bet a few on here would know him too.
Why would you bother, I mean I understand it if you're a youth trying to impress a lass, but does he still tell everyone he was there?

I wasn't even born when they played seaburn, would've been class to see them. Seen Weller a few times, his latest stuff is crap

How many saw them in Seaburn in 1977?

Oh, that would be me;)
;)
Have you read some of the above posts, could you be that person who admitted to me they really hadn't been there? Is that I'm a cool person wink or I'm a cheeky lying person wink. OK I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. We're you also at Buzzcocks gig where Joy Division supported at Newcastle City hall 1979 I think

Great night tonight but as you say, Bruce Foxton doesn't look well
I’d heard he’d been ill and didn’t expect to see him but it doesn’t look like he’s got long for this world.

Saw them in Seaburn, 1977. great night. Think it must have been the town hall or something..only time i ever went to a gig there, anyhow.

First time I tried to see them was at the Seaburn Hall but got knocked back for being to young, seen them countless times since
Same here, bought my ticket in Spinning Disc but got turned away for being under age ( I was 14 ), our boy said it was a bit scary inside.
I wanted to see The Saints there the following week but didn't bother.
I think Penetration were support at one of those gigs.

Genuinely never expected him to appear tonight. Last thing I heard he was off the tour and resting. Took me a few songs to get over the way he looked . I was quite a few pints deep but felt really upset just how poorly he looked

I never realised that there’s been a stand in for him on this tour..apparently he’s on the mend like.

Back