The Ivanthereasonable What are you doing this Weekend? Thread

Home for 2 weeks before going back next weekend and putting notice in

Last neet Harbour view for canny ale and music
Driving over Lakes today to caravan for 5/6 nights. Might get a little stroll in Newlands weather permitting then Ruddings tonight for some cracking ale.
Walk as much as I can with weather forecast but the pub will always be rain free. Meeting up with pals on Sunday that we aint seen for 10+ years

Bad periods like? My youngest is having a nightmare atm.
I used to have really bad periods but got used to them over the years.
Crashing into a super premature menopause after an assault, which meant just going from normal to being post menopausal overnight sent me on a long horrific journey through different types of medication. Now I have to take all sorts to synthesise periods for 15 years which leave me absolutely useless for about 16 days of every month and the periods are absolute bastards.
I have never felt actively suicidal before but that changed... I begged them to just whip it all out but they won't let me. It also makes me all pathetic and indecisive which I loathe.
Thank god for pastries and ice cream 🤪

With regards to your daughter my advice from experience is if she smokes or has caffeine / diet coke to cut them out completely. Exercise especially yoga is great. Most importantly help her stand up to doctors who will palm her off and tell her it is normal, other girls are fine, she'll grow out of it etc
If she ever gets pregnant she needs to be extra vigilant and not let them palm her off with bullshit.
Also tell her drinking eith PMT is to be seriously avoided as all hell breaks loose🤣

Last edited:
Fri - AM, apply for yet more jobs. PM, meet up with photography group.
Sat - depending on weather, either go to Pickering for a classic car auction with Mam and Dad, or if pissing it down, big shop, laundry then listen to our 1-0 crawl over the line against Portsmouth.
Sun - spend the day in shields library.

Go me.

kids shipped out, staying over in newcastle and going to the theatre for les mis
wife's cousin's son's 1st birthday party
mate's daughter's 2nd birthday party

debating whether or not to stay up for the UFC

Friday - Graft
Saturday - Doing something out and about with the bairns and then cans/football in the evening
Sunday - Mam coming round for dinner - Fuck knows what else

Today: Allotment bound shortly, bit gardening and Friday Movie Club with few cans and bit smoke.
Tomorrow: The match is shown here in DK, few cans and stuffing my face trying to gain bit more weight.
Sunday: Probably church followed by allotment. Last week-end here before I return to my beloved NE next week and garden work is mounting up. Stuffing my face big time before my final weigh-in for now Monday afternoon. I won't reach my goal of gaining the twenty kilos back I lost late last year but at this stage any gain will do.

Have a fine week-end all and I shall see some of yous next week. First round is on me. Skål.

Today: Allotment bound shortly, bit gardening and Friday Movie Club with few cans and bit smoke.
Tomorrow: The match is shown here in DK, few cans and stuffing my face trying to gain bit more weight.
Sunday: Probably church followed by allotment. Last week-end here before I return to my beloved NE next week and garden work is mounting up. Stuffing my face big time before my final weigh-in for now Monday afternoon. I won't reach my goal of gaining the twenty kilos back I lost late last year but at this stage any gain will do.

Have a fine week-end all and I shall see some of yous next week. First round is on me. Skål.

Are you lot selling Greenland to Trump like?

Tonight - gentle run to prep my legs for a PB attempt at Durham Parkrun
Tomorrow - smash my PB at Durham Parkrun followed by a yoga class. No plans in the evening but will probably make some nice bait and chill out.
Sunday - lie in, long run once I’m up, afternoon planning for holidays in a couple of weeks and doing interview prep.

I used to have really bad periods but got used to them over the years.
Crashing into a super premature menopause after an assault, which meant just going from normal to being post menopausal overnight sent me on a long horrific journey through different types of medication. Now I have to take all sorts to synthesise periods for 15 years which leave me absolutely useless for about 16 days of every month and the periods are absolute bastards.
I have never felt actively suicidal before but that changed... I begged them to just whip it all out but they won't let me. It also makes me all pathetic and indecisive which I loathe.
Thank god for pastries and ice cream 🤪

With regards to your daughter my advice from experience is if she smokes or has caffeine / diet coke to cut them out completely. Exercise especially yoga is great. Most importantly help her stand up to doctors who will palm her off and tell her it is normal, other girls are fine, she'll grow out of it etc
If she ever gets pregnant she needs to be extra vigilant and not let them palm her off with bullshit.
Also tell her drinking eith PMT is to be seriously avoided as all hell breaks loose🤣
Agreed re: pastries and ice cream, which are foods of the Gods, even for us non menstrual blokes. 👍

You've certainly been through the wringer, Cat 😯

Friday - desperately trying to get through my second last Friday in this job

Saturday - I forgot the match was on the telly so Mrs Dundee has arranged for us and the kids to meet up with her best mate, husband and kids. I’m hoping it pisses down so we just go to one of the houses and the “real men” (™️ @Gillythedilf) can watch the football whilst the women natter and supervise the kids. After that the in laws are coming for an early birthday tea for my son as they are on holiday on his birthday

Sunday - Mrs Dundee is doing interview prep for a promotion at work so I’m going to do the woman’s work (™️ @Gillythedilf) by taking the kids out for a couple of hours.

Agreed re: pastries and ice cream, which are foods of the Gods, even for us non menstrual blokes. 👍

You've certainly been through the wringer, Cat 😯

Certainly feels like it today HC.

🤪

Currently so high on Solpadeine I had to request a system roll back to undo some of my "work" this morning

Certainly feels like it today HC.

🤪

Currently so high on Solpadeine I had to request a system roll back to undo some of my "work" this morning
Take it easy and rest up if you can.
Your health and wellbeing is more important than work.
Hope you're feeling better soon, Cat.

Back