The Irishman

Watched it over the last 2 nights with a break halfway through.
I really enjoyed it despite the obvious flaws, it’s no masterpiece but still a class film, 8/10 for me.

I liked it. It’s got me wondering about what happened in the late seventies the early eighties as so many of the characters got bumped off then.
Springsteen’s Chicken Man song comes to mind.

I liked it. It’s got me wondering about what happened in the late seventies the early eighties as so many of the characters got bumped off then.
Springsteen’s Chicken Man song comes to mind.

There was a mob war in Philadelphia around 1980. Boss Angelo Bruno (Harvey Keitel) was killed, a lot of the others mentioned would have been linked to that.

7/10 for me, mainly on how good the actors were , was bit too slow at times with not much really happening , could and should have been so much better

I would not and could not have known it was a fact based film had it not been for the presence of Al Pacino's Jimmy Hoffa (I assume it was he who played Hoffa. I don't think I have seen him anything so wouldn't know what he looked like. But by the process of elimination it must have been as the only other main actors were Pesci and De Niro and I know they were playing two others), and references to JFK and his assassination. I knew both were real.

It goes on for so long every time you go back you feel you are no closer to the end.

Those are my only criticisms of an otherwise brilliant film.

I don't know anything about this Scorsese dude but he seems to make brilliant films. I will find others made by him.

Last edited:
I would not and could not have known it was a fact based film had it not been for the presence of Al Pacino's Jimmy Hoffa (I assume it was he who played Hoffa. I don't think I have seen him anything so wouldn't know what he looked like. But by the process of elimination it must have been as the only other main actors were Pesci and De Niro and I know they were playing two others), and references to JFK and his assassination. I knew both were real.

It goes on for so long every time you go back you feel you are no closer to the end.

I don't know anything about this Scorsese dude but he seems to make brilliant films. I will find others made by him.

You never seen Goodfellas?

Surely you've heard of Scorsese before this film?

You read the book about Testa/Scarfo etc? Crazy period for the mob. Sharon Osbourns dad used to be a go between for NY/Bruno families.

No but I'll have a look for it. What's it called? Watched a couple of documentaries though and its interesting.
Good recent interview on youtube with Sammy Gravano where he talks about Scarfo a bit.

He's gotta be on a wind up. Like that dating thread he had but less believable

Last edited:

Little bit of Goodfellas. I recall one scene where Joe Pesci shoots some young dude at a dining table. That is all.

I've heard of the name. Just never seen any of his films I think.
He's gotta be on a wind up. Like that dating thread he had but less believable

If your too thick to comprehend that someone may not have seen a film then tough shit. It's down to you to sort out.

Last edited:

HAHA!!

Superb 😆

Little bit of Goodfellas. I recall one scene where Joe Pesci shoots some young dude at a dining table. That is all.

If your too thick to comprehend that someone may not have seen a film then tough shit. It's down to you to sort out.

Easy tiger

You seen The Wolf of Wall street?

Gangs of New York?

You want to chat about it over a pint? More than happy to meet to discus why you think it is a joke to you that someone, heaven forbid, may not have seen a film.

Shall I call 999 now or later?
You haven't seen a film that you watched? 🤔
No. Not into that sort of film. It was at a time before I really got into films in a big way. I know Michel Douglas played the main character.
🤣

Back