The Irishman

Was OK, but found it disappointing and drawn out at times. Could have easily knocked an hour off it. CGI stuff was poor as were one or two scenes, particularly the corner shop 'fight'. Pacino and Pesci were great but I thought De Niro was poor as was Graham, especially his scouse American accent.

No but I'll have a look for it. What's it called? Watched a couple of documentaries though and its interesting.
Good recent interview on youtube with Sammy Gravano where he talks about Scarfo a bit.

He's gotta be on a wind up. Like that dating thread he had but less believable

Mafia Prince and Blood and Honour. First one is written by his nephew and the second by a member. Decent enough reads although obviously a bit bullshit here and there.

I’ve seen the interviews with Sammy. Hard to tell what’s truth and what’s bullshit with most of em but especially Sammy. Still they’ve certainly led interesting lives.

All I do is read about this shit:p

An interesting watch, especially given my obsession with James Ellroy novels and 'The Outfit' generally.

I thought it was only about a 6/10 for me though, I appreciate its based on true events but the lengthy ending where everyone died of old age and Sheerhan potentially found god was painfully dull.

what was all that about the fish?
Apparently one of the undisputed facts - that Chuckie had had a fish in his car that day. Also, mundane chat to ramp up the tension of what Frank may or may not be about to do. Also - reminiscent of the drive in Goodfellas when Pesci
/Tommy thinks he's going to be 'made', but gets whacked.

Back