The Irishman

Watched it last night, thought it was superb, though the last 20 mins was unnecessary. Seeing 3 fantastic actors on screen is superb. The oscars will be all over this.

It's OK until you spend the last half hour waiting for the inevitable ending. It was getting tedious and could do with being cut shorter. Overall it's worth watching for Pesci (brilliant) and Pacino who was as good as he always is.
Pesci is nailed on for best supporting actor.
Anyone hear the godfather music in the restaurant ? 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the book on holiday a few months ago in anticipation of the film release.

Watched film last night and I have to say it is very true to the book, both in story and narrative flow.

This probably explains the length of the film, as they’ve not really edited any of the narrative, they’ve left everything in from the book, which itself was Sheerans own memoir as told to the author, with some added contextual prose.

Yes it was long, didn’t go to cinema to see it as I knew I’d want to pause it for a pee, go to fridge etc.
But I didn’t mind that. I think Once upon a time in America runs 4hrs but I thought that was worth it too.

Have to say, I didn’t “notice” the CGI. By which I mean, I knew they’d done it, but it didn’t stand out as anything obvious or negative or poor, at least to me anyway.

Back