The Irishman

210 minutes, longer than the train takes to get from London to Newcastle are there any nice artistic interludes in it to help pass the time?, as I must admit Robert De Nero, and Al Pacino don't normally rattle my cage .

What? It’s startling. Also you can CGI out wrinkles but when a character that’s supposed to be in his 40s is moving like a fella in his 80s, that’s noticeable too. De Niro can barely move when he’s beating up the shop keeper but he’s meant to be in his early 40s or so at that point.

That was a poor scene alright, but other than that didnt notice anything awry at all.

its brilliant use of technology tbf.

i think its close, but not perfect... think they said themselves that the technology moved so quickly that they re-shot some scenes from the start because by the end it looked far better.

On Netflix there is a discussion thing comes up after if you leave it running, Scorsese, de Niro, Pesci, and Pacino sat around a table having a drink and a laugh.

Scorsese explains it no different than using make-up, like Hoffman in Little Big Man was total make-up, just making use of the technology.

Pacino says something like "this could be great for actors, it will extend our careers" :)

210 minutes, longer than the train takes to get from London to Newcastle are there any nice artistic interludes in it to help pass the time?, as I must admit Robert De Nero, and Al Pacino don't normally rattle my cage .

More into Adam Sandler and Tom Green?

Wasn't expecting a lot from it but even though it dragged a bit early on I thought it was really good. Thought the anti-aging graphics would be really distracting but apart from the fight scene that's already been mentioned it was fine.

Not one of Scorcese's best but a solid 8/10 for me.

I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was as good as I expected. Much like my expectations, I think people watch it with misty eyes a little because of some of the sterling acting that the main protagonists have in their back pocket.

Couple of bits, Stephen Graham is like fog and was there really a need (or was it just the huge budget) for so many 'named' actors to be in it?

Enjoyed it. Yeah the fight scene was poor (and I think purposely based on sonny's scene in the godfather) but it was only a minute out of 3 hours plus. The other scene that was brief that jarred on me was the one where Diniro was in the war shooting the prisoners. He really looked like a 70 year old soldier in all his postures. But again only a minute in an otherwise very good (if not godfather great) 3 hours.

Back