The Irishman

Just started watching this. Not too keen on the de-ageing CGI so far, Sheeran is supposed to be early 30s at the beginning and De Niro looks like a 50 year old who's been hitting the Just For Men

Seen this twice now. Really surprised at how much more enjoyable it was second time. Especially considering I saw it in the cinema first.

Completely underestimated De Niros performance. He is phenomenal in the last 90 mins of this. The honour/award scene onwards is incredible cinema. Plenty of tension. I think the finale is as emotional an ending as Scorsese has ever achieved. That final shot.

Pesci deserves an Oscar. He is electric.
Cant remember feeling tension like it in any other movie like.

Thought it was good me. It needed the ending to show what became of a load of blokes who thought they could do what they liked. All dead or dying in prison and nursing homes.

Watched it in one sitting, didn't mind the running time but I did think the parts they were trying to convince Hoffa to retire once he was out of prison went on a bit. Maybe trying to justify the lengths they went to to convince him before they saw bumping him off as their only choice.

Agree with some awkward body movements at times. Particularly De Niro. Not so sure that was put on for the character.

Still, enjoyed it overall.

just got around to watch it. enjoyed it. sure it could have been shorter but didn't really mind. i watched it during the day on a day off but probably would have struggled to watch it in one sitting during an evening.

Back