The Investigation BBC2

4 part mini series about the lunatic (Peter Madsen) that built a sub and then murdered a journalist (Kim Wall) when she went on board to write an article. It's subtitled, bonafied Danish production @alexander.

I remember watching it feeling somewhat strange bordering uncomfortable with what happened being so fresh in the memory. But when it was aired here last year the case was already closed and he had been convicted, which helped a bit. Her parents played a big part in making the series and their real life dog, Iso, plays the part of himself in the series. I think her dad insisted on that. So when you see Iso on the screen it is her parents real dog that knew her well.

Also, my memory may be bit dodgy but I was sure the series had six episodes when it was aired here. I hope the BBC haven't cut it down to just four and taken out stuff.

I remember watching it feeling somewhat strange bordering uncomfortable with what happened being so fresh in the memory. But when it was aired here last year the case was already closed and he had been convicted, which helped a bit. Her parents played a big part in making the series and their real life dog, Iso, plays the part of himself in the series. I think her dad insisted on that. So when you see Iso on the screen it is her parents real dog that knew her well.

Also, my memory may be bit dodgy but I was sure the series had six episodes when it was aired here. I hope the BBC haven't cut it down to just four and taken out stuff.
Interesting facts, thank you - I think the rest of it is on Iplayer so may blast through the rest tomorrow. And I can imagine, this all happened August 2017 so it is still quite a recent case - but it's great to see dramatisations from other countries tbh and I'm glad that horrible bastard is where he belongs (still cant believe he tried to escape recently ffs).
Just finished the lot, noticed they didn't mention the murderous prick by name - really well made production and all 6 parts are on Iplayer (it wasn't shortened @alexander, I just saw 4 parts in my schedule on the planner).
Felt sorry for the main detective, but I raised my eyebrow at just how much he kept the Wall family in the loop mind (but I'd guess they'd find everything out at the trial anyhoo).

Last edited:
Watching this now. A very interesting case. Quite impressed someone can just build a submarine to be honest. I put a bathroom unit together two weeks ago and the cat managed to completely demolish it somehow :lol:

Episode 1 done. Haven't even seen the accused yet. The Danish police officer reminds me of the one who kicked me out of Denmark last year @alexander

Watching this now. A very interesting case. Quite impressed someone can just build a submarine to be honest. I put a bathroom unit together two weeks ago and the cat managed to completely demolish it somehow :lol:

Episode 1 done. Haven't even seen the accused yet. The Danish police officer reminds me of the one who kicked me out of Denmark last year @alexander

Søren Malling looks bit like Ian Beale in this.

And am not over last year's incident yet. Still upsets me.

This didn't get enough hype IMO. Fantastic series, a story stranger than fiction. Loved how they never once showed the accused, rare for a true crime drama, and the actors playing Kim's parents were so believable.

Back