RTG The Ins and Outs to Date

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Ins Conor McLaughlin (Free from Millwall – 2 year contract) Lee Burge (Free from Coventry – 2 year contract) Ruben Sammut (Free from Chelsea U23 – 1 year contract) Michael Collins (Free from Everton U23 – 1 year contract) Ahmed Abdelkader (Free from Polis Chrysochous – 1 year contract) Outs Kazaiah Sterling (returned from loan) […]

more...

Say that's 6 in and 8 of the 13 who would have been in the match-day squad out, leaves us needing another 10?

I know some of the ones leaving are loan players, but it seems like at the end of every transfer window the list of "Outs" is twice the length of the "Ins". I can't help wondering where all of these players are coming from. Have we many more left?

I know some of the ones leaving are loan players, but it seems like at the end of every transfer window the list of "Outs" is twice the length of the "Ins". I can't help wondering where all of these players are coming from. Have we many more left?
Isn’t that the case for most clubs tho? The outs contain younger players who’ve come through the ranks that have been released (the list in the op has 3 or 4) but you never list them in the ins.

I thought we had a lovely budget. Biggest in the league he said.... everyone’s on a free !

This is what slightly worries me about Donald and Co, I’m sure he replied to someone on twitter saying we have £10m in the kitty with almost all of it to spend on new signings and then on TalkSport he said we will be having a right go at it this season. The reality is that we have signed a decent league 1 RB and a poor back up GK on frees whilst the squad this year is weaker than last seasons. I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling that he’s just saying what we all want to hear and the reality is very different.

Last edited:
This is what slightly worries me about Donald and Co, I’m sure he replied to someone on twitter saying we have £10m in the kitty with almost all of it to spend on new signings and then on TalkSport he said we will be having a right go at it this season. The reality is that we have signed a decent league 1 RB and a poor back up GK on frees whilst the squad this year is weaker than last seasons. I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling that he’s just saying what we all want to hear and the reality is very different.
Very early days yet, the main transfers will be done when there is more movement in all divisions.

I've not seen anything where SD says we're spending 10 million in league one, he did say we'd be having a right go at it but that shouldn't be taken as spending that kind of money.

Back