The Hum

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Mrs g has been hearing it on and off for years now.. thought it might of been noise from ship engines docked in the wear drifting across but she's heard it in loads of different places not just at home.... she's done loads of searches and no one seems to know what it is.. suggestions that street lighting may cause it .. she read some reports of it being that bad for some they've attempted suicide... me and the bairn have never heard it.. I thought maybe a form of tinnitus or something.

Slightly off topic. I saw a video on YouTube about weird noises emanating from the sky, sounded similar to church organs, was apparently witnessed in various locations right across the globe. Probably flat earthers conspiraloon shoite.

Heard something like it over the weekend whenever I went out in the garden, but just assumed there was some sort of roadworks generator in the vicinity - but would there be over easter? Maybe it really was the SMB hum?

Aye I've heard of it, watched a vid about it on YouTube..they couldn't work out if it's a natural phenomenon or something else..
Don't see why it can't be both tbh. You could have different things causing a similar pitch in different locations.

Someone mentioned wind hitting the new bridge earlier on in the thread.

One possible source on wikipedia was a type of fish.

Other suggestions included machinery.

Can't they all be right?

Don't see why it can't be both tbh. You could have different things causing a similar pitch in different locations.

Can't they all be right?
I think its more along the lines of thunder, thunder makes a fascinating sound from the sky so any noise people hear from the sky are probably changes in the atmosphere temperatures.

Can't they all be right?

Look into Brown noise. It’s the homogeneous effect of multiple sound frequencies. Derived from White noise but modified to reduce higher frequency sounds. This could be almost anywhere there is background sound at low frequencies. It’s also possible that some humans don’t detect such low frequencies at a distance as others which would go some way to explaining why some hear it, others don’t.

Back