The Homeless

This

Pick the right spot begging and many will earn more in a day begging than I do in my office job. Having said that it’s more likely London this happens.

I read that a Romanian couple came over and begged in London for 2 days made 1000 quid between them or each and went back to Romania and paid for their wedding.

How do you get richer by making people poorer...? How do you make people poorer?

By ripping every fucker off

What are these self interest policies?
I’ll defer to @West_Winger

Politicians like Mogg must be absolutely loving the fact that they’ve managed to convince people who rely on the welfare state or who are on low pay that he is their friend. He’s literally voted against them at every turn, and still they support him.

Voted in favour of scrapping the education maintenance allowance, voted in favour of the bedroom tax, voted in favour of cutting child tax credits, voted against increasing the time you can claim ESA to 730 days, voted against making cancer sufferers exempt from the 365 day limit on ESA, voted against making disabled child tax credit at least 2/3 of the higher rate, voted to cap welfare increases at 1% rather than in line with inflation, voted against investigating the effects of austerity on the poor, voted in favour of cuts to tax credits.....the list is endless.

Saw one of them begging outside the other week and he was in the south stand by kick off. Hopefully someone done a good turn and give him a ticket, and not just a professional beggar.

Politicians like Mogg must be absolutely loving the fact that they’ve managed to convince people who rely on the welfare state or who are on low pay that he is their friend. He’s literally voted against them at every turn, and still they support him.

Voted in favour of scrapping the education maintenance allowance, voted in favour of the bedroom tax, voted in favour of cutting child tax credits, voted against increasing the time you can claim ESA to 730 days, voted against making cancer sufferers exempt from the 365 day limit on ESA, voted against making disabled child tax credit at least 2/3 of the higher rate, voted to cap welfare increases at 1% rather than in line with inflation, voted against investigating the effects of austerity on the poor, voted in favour of cuts to tax credits.....the list is endless.

And he gets rich by doing this?

Was the welfare state a successful system...did it make people richer or did it just keep them poor and dependent on handouts. Just curious. Because I dont like paying high taxes and would like to keep more of my earned money. Why do people think they have a right to other peoples income??

Was the welfare state a successful system...did it make people richer or did it just keep them poor and dependent on handouts. Just curious. Because I dont like paying high taxes and would like to keep more of my earned money. Why do people think they have a right to other peoples income??
Well it means he doesn’t have to fund as much, it reduces his tax bill

There is of course a balance on handouts vs opportunity. But huge wealth disparity is never a good thing.

I’m guessing you’re not a multi millionaire. You have to work to live. Like most of us. The very very wealth don’t need this wealth to live easily. And yet their policies make them relatively wealthier. That’s just not right.

How much money would you earn if roads couldn’t be driven on, you were frequently ill (or your family were) and you weren’t able to read, write or even perform basic arithmetic?

How much money would you earn if roads couldn’t be driven on, you were frequently ill (or your family were) and you weren’t able to read, write or even perform basic arithmetic?
Are you suggesting that a functioning society is actually good for all of us? It’s staggering that people don’t get this.

Posted from my iPad on the internet with a delicious ale sat next to me.

So only government could solve these dilemmas? Why am I illiterate in the first place? Rich peoples fault?

This......but one day karma will come a calling for this pompous prick...

So only government could solve these dilemmas? Why am I illiterate in the first place? Rich peoples fault?

In general, yes, you’d have a problem administering and funding a standardised education and health system if you weren’t a government.

Why would you be a illiterate? No state education system would be the main reason.

I know a couple who have begged in the Park Lane area of Sunderland who are anything but homeless.
There are genuine homeless asking for donations too. Often see one of them sleeping in the interchange.
I live in the area and usually know who is genuine and who is not.
There is definitely more on match day who I never see normally.

Its a shame for the homeless that there are professional beggars. I saw a change of shift in Edinburgh - one being dropped off by a Range Rover and the other being picked up - using the same sob story board. I've heard its a Romanian gang that gives them food and somewhere to stay but keeps all the money.

Back