The Hit List

I usually see the Now albums as an example of songs which good or bad, are memorable. Look at the tracklisting from any Now album pre 2000 abd you can probably name three quarters you know. Ask an 18 year old in ten years time to go through the latest Now album and they wont

1985 was when music began to gradually decline for me. Charts today now include streaming figures which has ruined it. The album chart is a more accurate way to see what the public are buying and it's good to see that older acts can still get a number one album.

I take more notice of the vinyl singles chart than the main singles chart. Good to see more and more people getting into vinyl or as we used to call them, "records".

I'd say early mid 2000's for me.
Most of the songs they play from 2010's I've never even heard of
Do we still have the charts?

There is, but the "singles" chart is mainly based on how many times the song has streamed on spotify

Last edited:
Every Sunday I would check to see the top 40. I would rarely miss the Chart Show or Top of the Pops. I can even remember my parents having an interest.

I'm 40 now with kids of my own and I can say I don't know if they have charts anymore. I think they'd look at me funny if I ask them who is top of the Hit Lists or the Top 40.

From about 2010 for me, most of it since has been utter shite. Though that’s probably due to my age :lol:

Back