The heinous crimes of HDR...

• Thread starter Icarebecauseyoudo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they look great to be honest. Much better then a standard photo. Maybe you guys don't like them because you can't do them? You should make it one of this years competition themes. I'd probs give it a crack.

Bite ya fuckers

*chomp*

HDR done just for the sake of it is shite. If it's done for a reason - (like below, I didn't have me filters with me) then fairplay. I think if you can tell it's HDR - you've overdone it....

Logon or register to see this image

road to... by David John Harris (away for a while), on Flickr

They'll find this masterpiece

lovely. simply lovely. :lol:

This one's my current PC background. Utterly stunning, never get tired of looking at this.... and wishing I lived there ! Just curious though, is there any advantage/disadvantage to using more than 3 photos for an HDR image ? This below apparently uses 7.

Logon or register to see this image

*chomp*

HDR done just for the sake of it is shite. If it's done for a reason - (like below, I didn't have me filters with me) then fairplay. I think if you can tell it's HDR - you've overdone it....

Even that looks minging to my eye. Like the road is glowing

You could have toned down the sky with a grad and had much more natural light on the road

But you do approve of some HDR though :-

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=477985

Not that I have just spent 10 minutes finding that comment. I feel dead clever now.

:lol:

Yep, used to very subtle effect as I think I commented at the time. Probably told you to buy a filter for next time. Now go away and let me continue my rant ;)

Looks like the waterfall and stone exist in separate dimensions of space time ;)

Which falls is it btw?

You can see why the "waves" are heading out rather than in. The sea appears to be running downhill.

I love the effect on the moving clouds at the top though

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarebecauseyoudo said:
Even that looks minging to my eye. Like the road is glowing

You could have toned down the sky with a grad and had much more natural light on the road

But I didn't have me filters with me! That's why I did it!

ok, ok, didn't realise it was you... :lol:

Tone down the road a bit and take out some of the magenta caste it has...;)

:) like I said... I don't do them anymore - fully paid up member of HDRAnonymous.

I can see the attraction to them though.. What really makes me scratch my head though, is the people that go to all the hassle of making a bracketed exposure, f**king on in Photomatix or photoshop, then converting the finished result to B&W...

I mean? why bother?? :?:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mono+HDR

Blimey, there's some very firm (dare I say snobby) views on here: it's like trying to exhibit a garden gnome at the Chelsea Flower Show.

Who are you calling a snob?

:-(

At least I've got sufficient courage of my convictions to have a garden gnome. And plastic grass (you should have heard the Gardeners' Question Time panel when that was suggested ...)

Blimey, there's some very firm (dare I say snobby) views on here: it's like trying to exhibit a garden gnome at the Chelsea Flower Show.

HDR police informed of your views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back