The Haunting of Hill House

I thought the first 9 episodes were great but some things just didnt make sense or left things unanswered. Im guessing this is on purpose so that they can justify a second series.
Who were the ghosts already there? Who was the really tall bloke who just floated about that got in the face of Steve? Why did that bloke brick himself in the wall? Who was the old woman in the bed? The person in the wheelchair? I know these were people just locked in the house as ghosts but to me it made it feel abut disjointed.
The side story of Shirley and the bloke she had an affair with was weird too. Was he a ghost?

Finished watching it this afternoon - brilliant. Absolutely loved it, and thought the ending was superb - refreshingly original.
@Jgrainger - a lot of what you were asking questions about was answered in the episodes.

Just finished watching episode 5 and the whole sequence at the end with Nell in the house had me perplexed and creeped out. :lol:

Thought the end of the first and second episode has been the creepiest bits so far though.

Finished it.

I called the Red Room sequences from the off in the finale, especially the one with Steven and his ‘pregnant’ lass.
I like the twist with Abigail. Although, her choking on the rat poison and the mother just calmly going ‘it is okay.’ was a bit freaky.
Think it is setting up for a 2nd season.

Don’t think it’s necessarily scary, just creepy. The storylines become interesting to be fair.

Overall it was decent, sort of disappointed by the way they chose to go for the end but it was okay. Highlight was the really tall bloke, he freaked me out.

Finished it.

I like the twist with Abigail. Although, her choking on the rat poison and the mother just calmly going ‘it is okay.’ was a bit freaky.

That annoyed me for rest of the last episode tbh :neutral: Both of them were like, "Oh she's fine, dead but her ghost "lives" on. We shall grieve for all of two seconds.":neutral:

Last edited:
Finished it last night , thought it was brilliant. Parts were scary and had me jumping off the sofa . I liked the end , it was different .
I don’t think it was setting up for a second series though.

Back