The Handmaid's tale

I remember trying to watch the 1990 film - which was written more as an erotic thriller than a depiction of a dystopian society. I've got no idea if I made it all the way through or not. I just recall that it wasn't very good.
Logon or register to see this image

It wasn't an erotic thriller at all mind. It's the same story as the series, but not as bleak. I adored the book, loved the film but this series is world class.

No, that made me realise what had happened

Can't believe how many 'flashbacks' I've had already today of that scene, the hanging scene and whatever today
Might have to stop watching tbh too disturbing
Soft lad! To be honest, that and the hanging hooded bodies felt disturbingly topical/current.

I set it to record, then start watching at 9.15 or so and zip through the ads.

All 3 episodes have been good, but yesterday's was utterly sublime. The two scenes @Barnacle Boy mentioned and the ending were gut wrenching.
I saw this episode a few weeks ago and thought those scenes were complete bollocks. Deviations from the book to such an extent as to be deliberately extremist in it's anti-Christian rhetoric. No way would they dare put anything like that on TV depicting those scenes as a result of an Islamic takeover.

Back