The Handmaid's tale

I remember trying to watch the 1990 film - which was written more as an erotic thriller than a depiction of a dystopian society. I've got no idea if I made it all the way through or not. I just recall that it wasn't very good.
Logon or register to see this image

I heard on a Radio 4 discusion about the TV programme that the Yanks were planning to run it as a series. I suspect that this means departing from the original plot and running the show for as long as they can which is what the usually do.
I dunno about anyone else but I can't enjoy something when I know there isn't a conclusion in sight. If we're not working to an end it's akin to a more up scale Emmerdale or other eternal-running pap.

I dunno about anyone else but I can't enjoy something when I know there isn't a conclusion in sight. If we're not working to an end it's akin to a more up scale Emmerdale or other eternal-running pap.
I think it will have a conclusion of sorts given that they weren't sure of a second series while making it. The next series may not be concentrating on the same characters. No idea if Elizabeth Moss is involved or not - who I have to say in spite of my initial reservations is doing a very good job.

I remember trying to watch the 1990 film - which was written more as an erotic thriller than a depiction of a dystopian society. I've got no idea if I made it all the way through or not. I just recall that it wasn't very good.
Logon or register to see this image

I remember the film but also can't remember whether I gor ro rge end. Duvall and Dunaway were horrendously miscast as the Commander and Serena Joy.

I think it will have a conclusion of sorts given that they weren't sure of a second series while making it. The next series may not be concentrating on the same characters. No idea if Elizabeth Moss is involved or not - who I have to say in spite of my initial reservations is doing a very good job.
Ah, if it does a True Detective I might be able to see it through, like.

Back