The Handmaid's tale

I have to say I'm 'enjoying' this more than I did the book and part of that is to do with how it looks, the colours, interiors and production values. Great to see so many blokes on here enjoying a bit of feminist literature. Or is it? :lol:

Not just her tongue been cut off by the looks of it
Bleak as fuck!

I have to say I'm 'enjoying' this more than I did the book and part of that is to do with how it looks, the colours, interiors and production values. Great to see so many blokes on here enjoying a bit of feminist literature. Or is it? :lol:
I just hope Trump ain't watching, getting ideas!

Last edited:
I generally hate TV series but this one is actually rather engaging. Does it end at the end of this season or is it due for a renewal? I know Americans like to draw things like this beyond their natural lives.

I generally hate TV series but this one is actually rather engaging. Does it end at the end of this season or is it due for a renewal? I know Americans like to draw things like this beyond their natural lives.
Yup. Season 2 has been announced. Which has has basically answered my question on how they'd deal with the ending of the book.

Happens all the time. They are doing another 'season' of 13 Reasons Why - when the original already covered the book. As soon as something is getting the ratings, basically.
If it's American produced you just know they'll drag it beyond all reasonable distance. Look at Lost, what an abomination that turned out to be.

If it's American produced you just know they'll drag it beyond all reasonable distance. Look at Lost, what an abomination that turned out to be.
I only watched the first episode of that and thought, 'no'. I do that quite a lot - mostly to the stuff recommended on here! :lol:
However, I'm desperate to hear there's going to be another series of Better Call Saul!

I only watched the first episode of that and thought, 'no'. I do that quite a lot - mostly to the stuff recommended on here! :lol:
However, I'm desperate to hear there's going to be another series of Better Call Saul!
Usually I only watch BBC stuff like Versailles and Lost Kingdom. I've been suckered into this and wish I hadn't now.

Back