The guide post in Springwell

Used to work at London electricity, I think one is still there but it's EDF now
Delivered some induction and product training when LE, SWEB and 2 others southern ones were bought out by EDF and brought their inbound CC to 2Touch at Doxy.
Not had Sunday Lunch there but the Wagon at Eighton banks do a fantastic home made steak pie:D
Canny review anarl Carters--can understand you being upset at missing out on the stuffing:lol:;)

Turkey dinner, with mash, cabbage, turnip mash, carrots, Yorkshire pud and three roast tatties

Sweet of apple crumble and ice cream

Mrs had the same dinner but sticky toffee pudding with custard for a sweet.

Came in at £26 odd

Not bad at all, however minus points for no stuffing with the dinner

Decor very nice, friendly staff and car park.

I would give it 7/10

Any lurking skunks??

Who were they then? There was a few mags there. Most were canny enough tbh.

Was it Ian - big lad who used to drive the trains? Kevin? Could be a miserable fucker but canny enough. Simon H? He was probably the gobbiest. Brett?
One was a baldie and one was a manager who used to get his name on official letters and bills.

There was a lad called Stuart but I've forgotten his surname.

Any lurking skunks??
Was quiet in the restaurant area. The main bar area was canny busy but we didn't go in there

Delivered some induction and product training when LE, SWEB and 2 others southern ones were bought out by EDF and brought their inbound CC to 2Touch at Doxy.
Not had Sunday Lunch there but the Wagon at Eighton banks do a fantastic home made steak pie:D
Canny review anarl Carters--can understand you being upset at missing out on the stuffing:lol:;)
Are you called Steve and used to think that the signs LE Car park, were in French?

One was a baldie and one was a manager who used to get his name on official letters and bills.

There was a lad called Stuart but I've forgotten his surname.

Was quiet in the restaurant area. The main bar area was canny busy but we didn't go in there

Are you called Steve and used to think that the signs LE Car park, were in French?
No I aint:lol: Never been to an LE office it was when they all went to 2 touch. Cant remember for sure if the other office there was called LE or went straight to EDF. Presume you will know when you worked for them even if Steve wasnt sure :D
Funnily enough EDF bought out British Energy when I was on a contract there anarl!

No I aint:lol: Never been to an LE office it was when they all went to 2 touch. Cant remember for sure if the other office there was called LE or went straight to EDF. Presume you will know when you worked for them even if Steve wasnt sure :D
Funnily enough EDF bought out British Energy when I was on a contract there anarl!
I started in Feb 97 at LE. It opened the previous summer I think. Was canny when I went there first, then an American firm bought it out, followed by the EDF takeover.

Must be the same couple. They were running 2 at the same time I think, The biddick and one through Whitburn. Think he’s only got The biddick now though and the price of the beer is a touch on the high side.
@The Lambton Worm

Its Steve jnr that has The Biddick. His father had The Prospect at Penshaw a few years ago. Peter played for the Biddick Sunday team a few times in the early 90's. He still calls in every now and then.

And just to make you eyes water even further, its £4.50 for a pint of wife beater in the Havelock.

And btw Mr Cartwright it is Springwell Village, not just Springwell, myself and @Maximus didnt spend our early years fighting the unwashed to use an incorrect name or to be associated with the third world estate over the railway lines.

Springwell Village, City of Sunderland border control village ;)
Every bit of it true.... the local plastic mags loved being under the control of Sunderland Borough and now Sunderland City council.

You should hear the noise the bastard clay pidgeon shooting is at 10am on a Sunday mornin. I had to leave home man..
I can hear them again now. Looks like the double glazing needs re-sealing !

Last edited:
Its Steve jnr that has The Biddick. His father had The Prospect at Penshaw a few years ago. Peter played for the Biddick Sunday team a few times in the early 90's. He still calls in every now and then.

And just to make you eyes water even further, its £4.50 for a pint of wife beater in the Havelock.
£4.50? Think I’d start drinking up the club.

Back