The Great North Run

This. the London marathon i would also suggest going into that category
Id bet that’s right.
I'm perfectly calm. You are however, spreading nonsense on the internet for attention. Give it a rest man.

Feel free to PM me to discuss more, elsewise, grow up.
No I’m speaking as someone who works on it. It won’t be happening. You don’t run the board so no I’ll do what I want.

Last edited:
Id bet that’s right.

No I’m speaking as someone who works on it. It won’t be happening. You don’t run the board so no I’ll do what I want.

I'm not disputing 2021 may not happen. You're lying when you say these runs are finished though. Outright trying to scare people for attention. Proper sad.

Last edited:
Who's to say what the future holds Frijj.

@OOOSH YEAH seems to be of the opinion that the GNR and other such runs are "finished"

Really? It's one of the biggest half marathons in Europe. Charity runs have become exceptionally common. They are going nowhere. Why would they?

If we can't have a charity run because of COVID, then we can't have pubs and gigs either.

It's nonsense from a poster absolutely desperate for attention.

Of course it's avoidable. They may not have a 2021 run, but they're not "finished"

The posters on here who tell lies and try e pass it off as if they're ITK are a disgrace
It's all finished unless a line is drawn within the next 3 months, hence why that is my deadline.

There’s every basis. I do a lot of work on it. Absolutely no chance of it happening
Perhaps you could expand a little on your phrase "I do a lot of work on it" and then perhaps people may take your comment more seriously. Do you work for the company that organise it ? Im sure it used to be a company called Nova International.

I think it is probably unlikely to go ahead this year. However I'm sure it will be back next year onwards.

I'm still training for this year whether it goes ahead or is postponed.

I’m in it this year, place rolled over from last. Had an email a few weeks ago saying no decision made but I firmly expect it to be a virtual one. It will be my 8th and I plan on stopping at 10, not sure whether or not to count it if it’s a virtual, don’t think I will really.

Of course it's avoidable. They may not have a 2021 run, but they're not "finished"

The posters on here who tell lies and try and pass it off as if they're ITK are a disgrace
TBF he’s canny consistent with this. He’s also said pubs are finished.
Perhaps you could expand a little on your phrase "I do a lot of work on it" and then perhaps people may take your comment more seriously. Do you work for the company that organise it ? Im sure it used to be a company called Nova International.
He hands out water on the Coast Road.

Scandalous if the organisers know it isn’t happening and are just stringing people along.
Getting done in lots of respects. Tomorrow festival in Exhibition park have went the other way and are just quiet as fuck. Clearly not happening either. I know for a fact they know as well.
TBF your words were "Runs like that are finished". No years mentioned.
They are at present. What were in now is the norm. Maybe that will change in future but as it stands thousands of people getting together in any surroundings just won’t happen. Would you bet on 2022 Glastonbury or GNR happening? I wouldn’t. I’m hopeful but that’s totally different

Last edited:
Getting done in lots of respects. Tomorrow festival in Exhibition park have went the other way and are just quiet as fuck. Clearly not happening either. I know for a fact they know as well.
Needs leaking to the press imo. Ant & Dec won’t be best pleased if they only find out last minute they aren’t starting the run.

Back