The Great House Giveaway (C4 4pm)

I know, but I guess if you're given a great opportunity to make some money (potentially enough for a deposit) that you would embrace it and do your best (and consider the implications before signing up etc).

Exactly this ^

Episode 5, the young lass who had the autistic child, for whom she was determined to give a good life, but then went on three holidays to Ibiza during the project, leaving the other lass to pick up the slack.

[QUOTE
There's one episode that really pissed me off for the 2 folks doing the house - in Liverpool iirc, one bloke a teacher and the woman worked in property. All I can say is they got a nice friendship out of it.
[/QUOTE]
that was nice to see...they ended up sharing a flat after the program...then he moved away for work and she ended up pregnant with an ex boyfriend...

I love property brothers and have watched so many episodes I can tell the difference between Jonathan and Drew even when they are not together! I’ve just started watching Fixer Upper and Good Bones.
Fixer upper is great, love Chip and Joanna Gains and their massive brood :cool:. And yes, I don't have any problems telling Drew from Jonathan - they seem like lovely blokes and they always do really good renovations.

Today’s episode. Lasses occupation captioned as ‘Assistant Taylor’. Ffs. Somebody who writes captions should be able to spell ‘Tailor’
Edit: something tells me that if you took your trousers in for repair, she’d set fire to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today’s episode. Lasses occupation captioned as ‘Assistant Taylor’. Ffs. Somebody who writes captions should be able to spell ‘Tailor’
Edit: something tells me that if you took your trousers in for repair, she’d set fire to them.
:lol: aye, another episode that pissed me off - they ripped too much out and the bloke was a melt (people really should be mindful of what this programme entails and the time constraints ffs).

Just catching up. Just watched Mondays. Girl says yeah my boyfriends a carpenter and can do loads of work to help keep costs down. Then half way through the cheeky fucker tries to bill for £7000!

Just catching up. Just watched Mondays. Girl says yeah my boyfriends a carpenter and can do loads of work to help keep costs down. Then half way through the cheeky fucker tries to bill for £7000!
Yup she was a f***ing disgrace, I was fuming :lol:
He didn’t act as a team,just went for it all guns blazing from the start...thry only managed to do what they did because of her resources...
Aye they should have just left / painted the panelling, changed the kitchen doors / worktops, retiled and prettified the bathroom and tidied up the cellar / outside - spunked too much cash on needless things tbh.

Last edited:
Aye that one annoyed me, I felt like Simon set them up to fail ffs :confused: :lol:
Sometimes I think the 6 months is a bit harsh. I understand they can't let them go on forever but sometimes it feels like they are so close that another month or so and it would be done. If they are wanting a 6 month deadline then that should be for them to do the work. Give them a bit longer to actually sell it.

Sometimes I think the 6 months is a bit harsh. I understand they can't let them go on forever but sometimes it feels like they are so close that another month or so and it would be done. If they are wanting a 6 month deadline then that should be for them to do the work. Give them a bit longer to actually sell it.
Aye it's really tough, I honestly thought the rules should have been bent for the chapel - it was a massive job (I loved it me, I'd love a place like that - but as I explained to the bairn, it would be a bugger to heat :lol:)

Just watched the church one. Pointless, even an experienced developer wouldn't have managed to turn that round in 6 months!
Aye that one annoyed me, I felt like Simon set them up to fail ffs :confused: :lol:
Aye it's really tough, I honestly thought the rules should have been bent for the chapel - it was a massive job (I loved it me, I'd love a place like that - but as I explained to the bairn, it would be a bugger to heat :lol:)
I've just watched that episode.

My blood was boiling, how the f*ck do you expect a couple of novices, to renovate an old church, into a habitable space, without expert advice, with a budget of £30k?

I do feel that Simon's decision's (or his his production company) regarding buy prices, and budgets, are massively provocative, to get the best emotional reaction from its TV audience, me included :)

Yeah, very strategic, that.

They knew there was no profit forthcoming on the property, so engineered a bill to guarantee a return. An absolute sh*thouse of a trick, I'm glad the other guy knocked them back.

Last edited:
Today’s house...issue with subsidence....part of the roof missing and they get a budget of 10K...the lass knew what she was doing when she walked away after a few weeks
Yup todays was a nightmare, don't they always tell you to steer clear of subsidence normally ? cant believe the lads work was so crap they had to redo it ffs :lol:

Back