The Great Diesel Rip Off

CW7

Central Defender
Just filled up and there is an 11p differential between diesel and unleaded. Thought demand for diesel had plumetted with there being no demand due to sales of diesel cars going through the floor. Surely the unleaded should be more expensive or is this just another case of rip off Britain?

I was in Berlin last week ( I know, pathetic, look at me) - and the price of diesel was 1.24 euro a litre. Petrol was 1.35 euro a litre.
Diesel should be way way cheaper over here too

Diesel should be more expensive, the particles go significantly deeper into our lungs than petrol, and that includes clean diesel.

I fully accept I’m biased on this as my lungs are damaged and when I run in a built up area you wonder if it’s actually doing any good. Living by the sea has its advantages but some cities have a real problem.

I was in Berlin last week ( I know, pathetic, look at me) - and the price of diesel was 1.24 euro a litre. Petrol was 1.35 euro a litre.
Diesel should be way way cheaper over here too
Same in Rhodes at the minute. Diesel much cheaper as it used to be back home 20 year ago or whatever. Government said diesel better and everyone should get diesel cars then increased the price. Fancy that.

There’s days that the price drops. I just haven’t worked out what days are the cheapest yet :lol: I know for a fact Friday - Sunday they put it up though. Come the end of the month it goes up aswell, absolutely disgusting tbh.

The tax element is really high like, I’m sure it’s sixty odd pence a litre, pretty much 50%.

In real terms though fuel is pretty cheap these days, plenty of cars will do 60mpg, 20 years ago you’d be happy with 30mpg. So although cost per litre is high, you use a lot less.

I don't know what you're moaning about. Your diesel car will achieve many more MPG than it's petrol equivalent. Only right diesel should cost more, I reckon.

Dirty smelly dieselses.

Back