The grange

I live 30 seconds away & rarely go in. That should say something.

It’s not mate. The Blue Bell is way better for food, but if you want better than both combined, get yourself to the Mill 3/4mins in the opposite direction. Restaurant standard food in the bar

Dray and Horses used to be our pub before the match. Funnily enough went in the The Mill yesterday for the first time in years and thought the food looked decent. Was quite busy too so it must be doing something right. Glad they’ve made a decent fist of it, could easily have been another lost pub if the new owners didn’t try something different.

In there tonight. What a weird shambles of a place.

No tables in a pub due to reserved signs all over the place. And staff telling people with attitude it’ll be a three hour wait for a table.

Obviously not many doing dry January.
Lived in the area for almost 50 years and been in about five times. Just something about it , everyone to their own tho.

Never been a fan of the Grange. The handful of times I have been in over the last few years, the service has always been poor and you tend to wait an age to get served.

Being from Newcastle I’ve never had any reason to venture to Hendon. I’ve head the area is rough though, unless your post is tongue in cheek of course.
I’m from Newcastle but I used to go in the grange quite a bit. I knew people in there. It’s a friendly pub if you know people from there. If your not a known face when you walk in it’s like you’ve got three heads the way you get looked at.
Logon or register to see this image

Dray and Horses used to be our pub before the match. Funnily enough went in the The Mill yesterday for the first time in years and thought the food looked decent. Was quite busy too so it must be doing something right. Glad they’ve made a decent fist of it, could easily have been another lost pub if the new owners didn’t try something different.
Anybody I know who’s been hasn’t had a bad word to say about it. Food spot on, service is good, got the right mix of a local feel without being cliquey. I never thought it would have worked, but the pub & restaurant are very good. The takeaway on sea road, Nana Francas is worth a visit too.

Is adam a mag?
Yeah hence being in the grange on a match day.
None of this happened
Why would I make it up?
They still have the pool room in the back?
Used to be the bit to be in .
Best bit but almost impossible to get a seat in there on the day of a game.
Never been a fan of the Grange. The handful of times I have been in over the last few years, the service has always been poor and you tend to wait an age to get served.
Yep, very take it leave it attitude the staff have, and just sloppy in general.
As a general rule of thumb, if you can reserve a table in a bar or pub (not for food) then the clientele will be *****
Exactly, who reserves tables in a pub ffs

Last edited:
Yeah hence being in the grange on a match day.

Why would I make it up?

Best bit but almost impossible to get a seat in there on the day of a game.

Yep, very take it leave it attitude the staff have, and just sloppy in general.

Exactly, who reserves tables in a pub ffs
All made up

Back