The grange

Adamfsafc

Midfield
In there tonight. What a weird shambles of a place.

No tables in a pub due to reserved signs all over the place. And staff telling people with attitude it’ll be a three hour wait for a table.

Obviously not many doing dry January.

I live 30 seconds away & rarely go in. That should say something.
Came very close, but want food and it’s better here. Although the bell is a nicer pub imo. Had a few run ins with grange staff and customers.
It’s not mate. The Blue Bell is way better for food, but if you want better than both combined, get yourself to the Mill 3/4mins in the opposite direction. Restaurant standard food in the bar

Last edited:
Hoy Avril on the jukebox, place will empty sharp enough

I might if it had a jukebox. Loud charva music isn’t my thing.

It’s not mate. The Blue Bell is way better for food, but if you want better than both combined, get yourself to the Mill 3/4mins in the opposite direction. Restaurant standard food in the bar

Not sure where the mill is. Always looking for somewhere decent for food and drinks in that area, before getting the metro back to Newcastle

Last edited:
It's part of the sizzling pub chain isn't it? If the scran is anything like the hollymere you couldn't feed it to a dog
Aye it is. The last couple of meals I’ve had in the Blue Bell & Chesters were decent as far as pub food goes, they’re the sane chain I think.
I might if it had a jukebox. Loud charva music isn’t my thing.

Not sure where the mill is. Always looking for somewhere decent for food and drinks in that area, before getting the metro back to Newcastle
When you’re at the Grange, walk in the opposite direction to the Metro station. Used to be the Dray & Horses, opposite Thompson Park, in between the cricket ground & Aldi.

Last edited:

I concur - The Mill is quality scran and excellent service - proper restaurant standard.

Being from Newcastle I’ve never had any reason to venture to Hendon. I’ve head the area is rough though, unless your post is tongue in cheek of course.

I’m from Newcastle but I used to go in the grange quite a bit. I knew people in there. It’s a friendly pub if you know people from there. If your not a known face when you walk in it’s like you’ve got three heads the way you get looked at.

Back