The Gilly the Dilf What are you up to this Weekend Thread?

The look at me extended version :D

Tonight: gym
Tomorrow: packing, drive to Leeds
Sunday: fly to Croatia
Monday: lay by pool and do nowt
Tuesday: Pula and Rovinj
Wednesday: Istrian inland villages
Thursday: Venice
We did the Pula to Venice ferry (think it was actually a hydrofoil) when we stayed in Porec. Got about an hour out and they turned round and came back as it was so choppy. People throwing up all over the place. It was the 3rd time I'd been due to go to Venice and something had gone wrong to stop it happening.

Fri: Travelling back from the smoke with a bag of cans.
Sat: Kick about with the little un in the park and that. Might watch Trainspotting 2 on the evening, taking my total fillums watched into the 20s :cool:
Sun: Something shite pre and post Sunday dinner over the folks.

Friday - nowt
Saturday - take wife to the doctors which takes all morning as it is at least an hours drive
Sunday - fly to Portland on business

It is odd to say don't instead of can't in this instance tbf.

If someone doesn't drink they say "I don't drink" because they have chosen not to drink. I have chosen not to get a driving licence. I could drive a car if I wanted to but it would be against the law and I wouldn't be very good at it.

Fri - work, go for run, take dog for walk then bait and booze in house.
Sat - on call so house stuff and head down Roker with the lass/dog later on.
Sun - nowt planned.

If someone doesn't drink they say "I don't drink" because they have chosen not to drink. I have chosen not to get a driving licence. I could drive a car if I wanted to but it would be against the law and I wouldn't be very good at it.
Ok mate. :lol:

You can drink but choose not to.
You can't drive so have no choice to.

Last edited:
We did the Pula to Venice ferry (think it was actually a hydrofoil) when we stayed in Porec. Got about an hour out and they turned round and came back as it was so choppy. People throwing up all over the place. It was the 3rd time I'd been due to go to Venice and something had gone wrong to stop it happening.

Oh no, that sounds awful! Hope you manage to get there one day xx

It's an air cushion catermaran from Porec that we're going on.

Back