The game changers

The only thing difference I have found from eating plant based so far is that my recovery time after running is significantly less now than it was when I was eating meat and dairy.

Other than that I’m not feeling any other major differences, but that may change the longer I’m doing it I guess.

It’s definitely biased. 4 main things that stand out for me:
  1. The thing with the burritoes and the blood. What is the impact of the Blood plasma being cloudy in both the long and short term? How quickly would it ordinarily move out of your system (the experiment was over 2 days)? Etc etc. Also, the example was just beans. What effect does other vegan food have? It was used for shock value and they didn’t actually explain any of the science behind it.
  2. The elections thing - again this was a 2 day thing and it made no mention of long term studies or anything. It might have just been the body’s initial “shock” at changing to a plant based diet and it would settle down again (would they be back to “normal” if they did the sleep study again after a month of being on a plant based diet?) . None of the science was explained or mentions of longer term studies were mentioned.
  3. Using cavemen and gladiators was definitely biasing the science - There’s evidence they ate a lot of plants but also evidence they ate a lot of meat. They didn’t eat like the stereotypical cavemen on tv etc but they also weren’t vegan
  4. Referring to Patrik Bamounian as “one of the World’s very strongest men” is taking liberties. He’s never competed at WSM, according to Google, he’s competed in the (now defunct) Strongman World Cup but all of these appearances were before he turned vegan and he never finished higher than 9th.
On the game changer website it shows a the studies they used.
And these are scientific studies with no agenda, not ones led by groups with links to the meat industry or vegan industry (which I know James Cameron does though!).
The gladiator thing is all crap anyway, these fellas were all small fat people, not folk like Russell crowe.
Patrick B was vegetarian when he first competed and later turned vegan in 2011.
Again, this is just to show that you can compete at a high level on a vegan diet.

I'd think that most at the top level of strongmen / bodybuilding use steroids anyway, and it would be more or less impossible to be anywhere near the top without them.

The link for the game changer website is below which details all their studies used.

(but really, they werent going to have shown experiments done by scientists which could have been picked apart easily, done by scientists with no standing, were they?)
The only thing difference I have found from eating plant based so far is that my recovery time after running is significantly less now than it was when I was eating meat and dairy.

Other than that I’m not feeling any other major differences, but that may change the longer I’m doing it I guess.
I suppose the major thing is that you don't feel worse.
If there was no change at all, you're doing it on a diet which is beneficial for the environment and also doesn't contribute to the torture and killing of animals.

Last edited:
I suppose the major thing is that you don't feel worse.
If there was no change at all, you're doing it on a diet which is beneficial for the environment and also doesn't contribute to the torture and killing of animals.

I guess so aye, the only thing I’m really missing is fish which I think I’ll start adding back in at the end of the month unless the quorn alternatives scratch that itch, I haven’t had chance to try them yet.

I guess so aye, the only thing I’m really missing is fish which I think I’ll start adding back in at the end of the month unless the quorn alternatives scratch that itch, I haven’t had chance to try them yet.
At the moment they don't! Tbh though, I enjoy eating more now than I ever did as a meat eater. I just have to plan meals better, and they take a bit longer to cook.
The plant Chef fish range at tesco are reduced at the moment (well they are at my tesco) for Veganuary.

At the moment they don't! Tbh though, I enjoy eating more now than I ever did as a meat eater. I just have to plan meals better, and they take a bit longer to cook.
The plant Chef fish range at tesco are reduced at the moment (well they are at my tesco) for Veganuary.

Champion I’ll have a look, I had a canny day meal prepping on Sunday I must admit, my other half can’t cook but she has been building up a canny collection of vegan cookbooks on the sly!

See, I don't think that's the case. Schwarzenegger certainly isn't vegan anyway.
I thought the main part of 'the game changer' was to show that you can get the same amount of carbs/protein/fats on a fully plant based diet. You don't need meat to get strong or big muscles.
And if that's the case, and you can be fit without needing to resort to killing animals and helping world environmental issues in the meantime by cutting out meat then it's certainly something to think about (looking forward to watching apocalypse cow on 4 tomorrow at 9pm!)
I know taste and cost come into it, so people need to make a decision which works best for them and their family.
I struggle with my 2 kids who don't like a lot of the meat substitution stuff.

I also thought that it was widely accepted that red meat and processed meat and dairy was a huge contributer to high cholesterol and blood pressure and ultimately heart disease / heart attacks (the no 1 killer of people in the world).
A plant based diet should have a much lower saturated and trans fat content than one containing meat.
Yes and what he was saying was we need to eat more fruit and vegetables, which we all do, that's not the premise of the game changers though.

Arny probably ate way too much protein for his needs and a lot of bodybuilders do just because they want to be on the safe side when carbs would fuel their workouts better and they'd end up leaner as a result, it's still doesn't mean going totally vegan will improve performance, it will for some people but that will be a small percentage.

The other thing to keep in mind is kids should definitely be eating meat, it's too risky to give kids a vegan diet IMO.

Because it's calorie dense and is important for their growth, you can supplement them if you would like them to eat a vegan diet like but it's just not something I'd do.

Calorie dense, I don't think many kids in the western world struggle to get enough calories, we're a nation of obese kids.

More nutritioun dense veg maybes, and definately less dairy.
But I disagree fully on kids (or anyone) needing meat. It's just not true

Calorie dense, I don't think many kids in the western world struggle to get enough calories, we're a nation of obese kids.

More nutritioun dense veg maybes, and definately less dairy.
But I disagree fully on kids (or anyone) needing meat. It's just not true
Well technically we could all go on the carnivore diet and we would survive, we don't "need" one or the other, we're omnivores and will typically thrive eating both.

Maybe obesity is a problem for society but so is iron and b12 deficiency becoming increasingly worse, of course we can take supplements so that's fine, and children aren't fat because of meat and diary they're fat because of sugar and sweets which are often vegan friendly.

Well technically we could all go on the carnivore diet and we would survive, we don't "need" one or the other, we're omnivores and will typically thrive eating both.

Maybe obesity is a problem for society but so is iron and b12 deficiency becoming increasingly worse, of course we can take supplements so that's fine, and children aren't fat because of meat and diary they're fat because of sugar and sweets which are often vegan friendly.
Majority of sweets aren't vegan friendly let me assure you

Back