The Gagging of the Scientists

This pandemic issue and politics goes hand in hand and is 100 percent political. Its politicians that are making decisions that are causing deaths and politicians need to be asking questions why certain decisions are being made when scientific evidence suggests otherwise.

Yes but that’s the whole point of the thread that the questions were not aimed at the politicians they were aimed at the scientists!

The PM did completely the right thing by not allowing two civil servants to be dragged into giving opinions on a political issue. The media should know better, or they would, if they weren’t full of Twitter arseholes being paid to be journalists.

Boris Johnson has never done the right thing in his life man

The right thing would to not have allowed this situation to manifest in the first place

The right thing would to have avoided politics as a career all together

I can see that Whitty and Vallance should not be blamed for what out government has decided to do in rewriting their own guidelines but the PM has been pushing the line that they haven’t changed the rules and that what Dominic Cummings did was always allowed and in total compliance with those rules. Since Whitty and Vallance, together with others, have appeared on tv telling us what the rules are day after day, seeking clarification from them of what they understood the rules to be does not seem unreasonable.
I totally despise Boris Johnson for the duplicitous chancer he is but, let’s face it, he’s always been a liar and always twists the truth to wriggle out of trouble or swears black’s white when caught out. He hasn’t changed since millions voted for him and they can’t claim they didn’t know what they voted for when they chose him. They even admitted he was a liar and said it made him more human! I didn’t understand that logic at the time and still don’t. Liars aren’t lovable they’re dangerous and when in positions of power they can be lethal. We elected a liar, a bluffer and a coward to lead us and we’re stuck with it. It’s not going to get any better over the next five years. Nothing will be his fault and we’re going to discover we’ve “misunderstood” a lot more than “stay at home”.

I can see that Whitty and Vallance should not be blamed for what out government has decided to do in rewriting their own guidelines but the PM has been pushing the line that they haven’t changed the rules and that what Dominic Cummings did was always allowed and in total compliance with those rules. Since Whitty and Vallance, together with others, have appeared on tv telling us what the rules are day after day, seeking clarification from them of what they understood the rules to be does not seem unreasonable.
I totally despise Boris Johnson for the duplicitous chancer he is but, let’s face it, he’s always been a liar and always twists the truth to wriggle out of trouble or swears black’s white when caught out. He hasn’t changed since millions voted for him and they can’t claim they didn’t know what they voted for when they chose him. They even admitted he was a liar and said it made him more human! I didn’t understand that logic at the time and still don’t. Liars aren’t lovable they’re dangerous and when in positions of power they can be lethal. We elected a liar, a bluffer and a coward to lead us and we’re stuck with it. It’s not going to get any better over the next five years. Nothing will be his fault and we’re going to discover we’ve “misunderstood” a lot more than “stay at home”.
I wish I could like this twice. Very well said

Science and Scientists are often a world apart from a Politics and Politicians especically the kind currently ruling the country.

Brilliant post

👋 👋 👋 👋 👋

JCVT didn't seem to be gagged this afternoon like.

These professionals don't fear for their jobs or reputations, that's something politicians have no power to take from them.

These professionals don't fear for their jobs or reputations, that's something politicians have no power to take from them.
Let's see if we see JVT again in the briefings. I get the distinct impression we won't.

Prof Van Tam hit the nail on the head this afternoon.

Beautiful to see
The PM did completely the right thing by not allowing two civil servants to be dragged into giving opinions on a political issue. The media should know better, or they would, if they weren’t full of Twitter arseholes being paid to be journalists.

political issue my arse, ffs man

Last edited:

They will slander, undermine and point the finger of blame at anyone, anyone at all to protect themselves if they feel they need to and get the opportunity. Look at Gove last time, never mind one 'et tu Brutus?', given half a chance they'll revert to being like the Olympic fencing team. You've got to be right behind someone to stab them in back.

Back