The Fortnite World Cup

L

Lexingtongue

I've never played it personally but is the game as jittery as all the footage they're showing on the TV? How can a giant crowd find watching that enjoyable? It looks like it could kill you by motion sickness...

It's just the video quality.
It isn't, mate, I saw it on my TV. :lol: It's obviously something to do with attempting to lay an object in a confined space and the effect is a pronounced stutter that looks just awful. It was evident in every clip they showed too. Can't imagine paying to watch people play that in a giant arena, like.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't, mate, I saw it on my TV. :lol: It's obviously something to do with attempting to lay an object in a confined space and the effect is a pronounced stutter that looks just awful. It was evident in every clip they showed too. Can't imagine paying to watch people play that in a giant arena, like.

The game isn't at all jittery when you play it. It's just the compressed/low frame rate video that you're seeing.

From a direct BBC News broadcast on my actual TV?

100%. The game is completely optimised even for the lowest spec console to run at 60fps, PC is a much higher fps which is what the World Cup was being played on. It's a very very smooth game in terms of visuals.

100%. The game is completely optimised even for the lowest spec console to run at 60fps, PC is a much higher fps which is what the World Cup was being played on. It's a very very smooth game in terms of visuals.
I don't think either of you are understanding what I'm saying. It wasn't performance related. I'm taking it building is integral to this game? There were scenes where someone was trying to lay an object like a wall or a step and, as there wasn't enough space to put it, there was onscreen jumping as the computer tried to accommodate the item in an impossible space by shifting the camera. It was common in all the footage they showed which was recorded from a screen. It was played constantly on the day I posted this thread on the BBC in HD. I can't fathom why anyone would want to watch someone play it at a stadium, like, as it just looked shit. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand mate, it's just not an issue I have noticed when having the occasional game, the bairn plays shit loads and is fine with it.

I know what you mean about the video, it's simply not an issue when playing in my limited experience (I've probably only played a dozen hours or so).

You've not played the game, you asked if it was jittery when played and two of us have told you it isn't. Don't know what else you want tbh. :lol:

I understand mate, it's just not an issue I have noticed when having the occasional game, the bairn plays shit loads and is fine with it.

I know what you mean about the video, it's simply not an issue when playing in my limited experience (I've probably only played a dozen hours or so).

You've not played the game, you asked if it was jittery when played and two of us have told you it isn't. Don't know what else you want tbh. :lol:
I understand it isn't jittery at all times but I've seen it from that footage with my own eyes that when getting into confined spaces it can get untidy - at times shall we say. I honestly can't fathom the fascination with paying good money to watch someone else play it on a big screen.

I don't think either of you are understanding what I'm saying. It wasn't performance related. I'm taking it building is integral to this game? There were scenes where someone was trying to lay an object like a wall or a step and, as there wasn't enough space to put it, there was onscreen jumping as the computer tried to accommodate the item in an impossible space by shifting the camera. It was common in all the footage they showed which was recorded from a screen. It was played constantly on the day I posted this thread on the BBC in HD. I can't fathom why anyone would want to watch someone play it at a stadium, like, as it just looked shit. :lol:
I used to get around that issue by being completely unable to think quick enough to ever build anything. Hate Fortnite for that reason. I’m thinking I’m going to finally kill someone and suddenly they’ve built a f***ing shed and proceeded to kill me from above. Shite.

I used to get around that issue by being completely unable to think quick enough to ever build anything. Hate Fortnite for that reason. I’m thinking I’m going to finally kill someone and suddenly they’ve built a f***ing shed and proceeded to kill me from above. Shite.
Looks awful, like.

Have you tried slamming the controller off the floor? By my calculations I'd have as much chance of building anything remotely defense like as the floor would. It's grand designs for little wankers and I'm bitter because I'm shite at it.

Back