The first manager in the history of Sunderland AFC

How many times have Sunderland scored 9 in a game at sid James park?

Once. I'm not sure of the relevance though?

Almost like you're trying to deflect from the absolute horseshit you're spouting.

Furthermore, If we're being factual (like apparently the rest of your bullshit point), I don't know where 'sid James park' is?

Last edited:

Ok, what do you think the score was against Oxford? And against Charlton? 1-1 and 4-4 right? Literally nobody has ever said it was Charlton 11 Sunderland 10, which should be a clue for you.

The score against Oxford was 1-1 after 90 minutes. The score against Oxford was 1-1 after extra time. Oxford won on penalties

The score against Charlton was 3-3 after 90 minutes. The score against Charlton was 4-4 after extra time. Charlton won on penalties

Once. I'm not sure of the relevance though?

Almost like you're trying to deflect from the absolute horseshit you're spouting.
So you don't think we won 9-8 in the league cup in 1979? In other words, the shootout doesn't count as part of the match.
The score against Oxford was 1-1 after 90 minutes. The score against Oxford was 1-1 after extra time. Oxford won on penalties

The score against Charlton was 3-3 after 90 minutes. The score against Charlton was 4-4 after extra time. Charlton won on penalties
Exactly. Not part of the game which was drawn. Not all 11 players even took part in those penalties either. How can you call it losing a match?

Last edited:
So you don't think we won 9-8 in the league cup in 1979? In other words, the shootout doesn't count as part of the match.

No, I don't.

It's probably why it's common to put the result of the penalty shootout in brackets alongside the score after normal/extra time.

Do you have to pay another entrance fee to this second game? Better not tell the clubs they might come round with a bucket or they'll turf you out. Capitalist pigs.

Credit where it's due man. Rochdale losing the shootout at old Trafford shouldn't detract from their draw.
🤔

They didn't draw against Man United, they lost.

Well, if you're being 'factual' I don't know where 'sid James park' is. If you're using artistic licence like your whole hair-brain argument about a penalty shootout not being the same game as the earlier football that has immediately preceeded it, well, I have an idea what you mean...

Well, if you're being 'factual' I don't know where 'sid James park' is. If you're using artistic licence like your whole hair-brain argument about a penalty shootout not being the same game as the earlier football that has immediately preceeded it, well, I have an idea what you mean...

We get it, bore off.

No, really? Funny mind, it took me years to work out what joker park meant :rolleyes:

No, really? Funny mind, it took me years to work out what joker park meant :rolleyes:

Not sure what you're on about now, I don't think I've ever called your old ground 'joker park'?

I feel this discussion is going nowhere as you're veering away from the point so we'll call it a draw. We'll have the penalty shootout as a completely separate game later.

Not sure what you're on about now, I don't think I've ever called your old ground 'joker park'?

I feel this discussion is going nowhere as you're veering away from the point so we'll call it a draw. We'll have the penalty shootout as a completely separate game later.
Or you can just fuck off.
you’re right, apologies to him. Feel sorry for the guy in all honesty. This whole thread is beyond bizarre on a night we should all be unifying against the incompetent owner
Yes, your foot stamping, unpleasant insults and completely idiotic storming off with your fingers in your ears because you don't agree with me is bizarre.

Last edited:
I'm getting on for 72 now and have come across quite a few lows in my 63 years or so as a supporter. This is obviously as bad as it gets but what really pisses me off is I don't think I'll ever experience a sniff of success. Year after year of thinking it'll get better but if the Yanks don't come up with the goods this club is well and truly stuffed!

Back