The finest band to ever come out of the USA

It was! Golden Age of Leather I meant... I dint even like Judas Priest. :oops: :p

I think Joe's Garage is one I've tried in the past, would have to give it another whirl. I've got Sheik Yerbouti somewhere, and it's alright, but a tad hard work n a bit sackless veering back to the comedic type stuff I mentioned earlier.

Apostrophe is class as well, and I think a bit easier to listen to than Joe's Garage.

I love Daryl Hall and John Oates. They are are a duo but their band are the best musicians America has.
I chose this one but there are hundreds I could have chose. This is live from Daryl house where he and his band invite other musicians and they do songs from the visitors and invite them to do halls songs.
It’s awesome. Have a listen.
And here is Daryl returning the favour. His band are doing a Todd Rungdren song at Todd’s place in Hawaia
So it’s not the best band to come out of America, but the best musicians are right there in front of you.
We have a winner ......
So, I think I have a strong argument that this is the best band to come out of the USA.

Last edited:
It wasn't a question. Ive already told you who the best band was.
Weren’t even a band. They were a solo project.
Just listened to Perfect Circle, So Central Rain, Wendell Gee, Cuyahoga, King Of Birds.

That’s just the IRS years.

It’s really no contest.
The first 4 would be in my R.E.M. top 20. Not so sure about the last mind.
So Central Rain was the first I heard of em. On bbc rad 1 round table when getting ready to go out. Peter Powell! Slagged it as very old fashioned which shows his view point off very nicely. I loved it. Next day straight down to one of the megastores on oxford street after work to buy every thing I could by em.
I was ower the moon that I was up Norf for a few days when they played Tiffany’s in N*******e touring the next album.
Silverchair surely??

(Joke King)
The Drones End of.
Can’t be many American albums that have a better opening quartet as this..

Listen to a band called Witness. They’re embarrassingly that era REMish.
1/ The Velvet Underground
2/ REM
3/ Love
4/ Talking Heads
5/ Pontoons

Last edited:

Boston
is an American rock band from Boston, Massachusetts, which had its most notable successes during the 1970s and 1980s. Centered on multi-instrumentalist founder and leader Tom Scholz, who played the majority of instruments on the debut album, the band is a staple of classic rock.[1] Boston's best-known works include the songs "More Than a Feeling", "Peace of Mind", "Foreplay/Long Time", "Rock and Roll Band", "Smokin'", "Don't Look Back", "A Man I'll Never Be", and "Amanda". The band has sold more than 75 million records worldwide, including 31 million albums in the United States, of which 17 million were from its self-titled debut album and seven million were for its second album, Don't Look Back, making the group one of the world's best-selling artists.[2][3] Altogether, the band has released six studio albums over a career spanning over 40 years. Boston was ranked the 63rd best hard rock artist by VH1.[4]

So Central Rain was the first I heard of em. On bbc rad 1 round table when getting ready to go out. Peter Powell! Slagged it as very old fashioned which shows his view point off very nicely. I loved it. Next day straight down to one of the megastores on oxford street after work to buy every thing I could by em.
I was ower the moon that I was up Norf for a few days when they played Tiffany’s in N*******e touring the next album.

The Drones End of.

2/ REM
3/ Love
4/ Talking Heads
5/ Pontoons

The Drones End of.

2/ REM
3/ Love
4/ Talking Heads
5/ Pontoons

Told you.
The Rising Sons?
60s LA band with Ry Cooder and Taj Mahal in their ranks. Doors, Love, Byrd’s etc rated em as best LA band of the times. Very little officially available output though.
Think The Pretty Things if they’d broke up before they’d got going ower drugs, drink, jealousy and inflated egos. The usual stuff.

Last edited:

Back