The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019: Haway the Lasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
I think they should, in fact more. They work harder and take more shit, rather than just stand around looking pompous and being rude to people.

All that doesn’t matter because the money isn’t there to give them...economics has nothing to do with how hard someone works. It has to do with the pool of money generated to pay employees.

It's not about what you would rather have. It's what's fair. You earn what revenue is generated. The demand is not there. Standard is not there. Their pay is fine.

Exactly...it’s why League 1 players aren’t paid the same as PL players. It would bankrupt clubs. People seem to react with their feelings instead of logic.

It's not about what you would rather have. It's what's fair. You earn what revenue is generated. The demand is not there. Standard is not there. Their pay is fine.
Women’s football was banned for 50 years by the FA. England’s women were getting crowds of 50k before it happened.

That fair? You can’t compare the two as though both have been given equal weighting and support in development, they haven’t.

Last edited:
Women’s football was banned for 50 years by the FA. England’s women were getting crowds of 50k before it happened.

That fair? You can’t compare the two as though both have been given equal weighting and support in development, they haven’t.

Your problem is you keep comparing men and women, when the comparison should be 6 billion and 131 million.

There's another one on irony.

The Thomas Sowell Reader ;)

Last edited:
Your problem is you keep comparing men and women, when the comparison should be 6 billion and 131 million.

The Thomas Sowell Reader ;)
Your problem is you act like men’s football has innately brought in billions rather than because it has been specifically engineered over the past half century to become a billion dollar industry. That process began at a point when women’s football wasn’t even permitted.

Football-men’s and women’s-has been massively popular ever since it was codified in the late 1800’s. That doesn’t explain why it is what it is now and why men’s football in particular brings the money in it does now.

Your problem is you act like men’s football has innately brought in billions rather than because it has been specifically engineered over the past half century to become a billion dollar industry. That process began at a point when women’s football wasn’t even permitted.

Football-men’s and women’s-has been massively popular ever since it was codified in the late 1800’s. That doesn’t explain why it is what it is now and why men’s football in particular brings the money in it does now.

No one makes people buy tickets, merchandise and watch on tv...the reality is there’s a massive difference in the two games and the revenues show that...the women’s game is gaining popularity and they are increasing their revenue. Why ruin that and bankrupt it or force it on people before it gets there...who in their right mind would run a business on their feelings rather than the bottom line?

CNN just reporting now that Nike have announced that the USA's women's shirt has broken records for sales in a single season.

US TV audience for the final was 20m.

New TV audience records in 7 countries across 4 continents.

24 of the 52 matches were sold out.

Total attendance for all matches was over 1m.

Infantino has said the global TV audience for the competition (I think) was 1 billion.

Yet lasses still can't kick a ball more than 20 feet, the goalies are shit and they run like girls.

Apparently.

No one makes people buy tickets, merchandise and watch on tv...the reality is there’s a massive difference in the two games and the revenues show that...the women’s game is gaining popularity and they are increasing their revenue. Why ruin that and bankrupt it or force it on people before it gets there...who in their right mind would run a business on their feelings rather than the bottom line?
Sorry to interject (and no point scoring intended here) but as a very limited illustration as to what I think you’re discussing, I only missed two SAFC games last season, I watch football on the telly pretty much regardless of who is on (there is a pecking order) and I’m constantly on here looking for info like today regarding our potential signing, I watch sky sport and match of the day plus the EFL on Quest.
I didn’t watch one second of the recent Women’s World Cup.

Why is men’s football on tv?
Why are there channels for merchandise?
Who created the infrastructure we have now for modern football? And why?

Arguably English football was ailing at the point the PL was created. It wasn’t because it was a great form of entertainment, it was in a real crisis in the 80’s in fact, probably at its lowest ebb. It was *made* into something financially lucrative by people who wanted to make money. It was fundamentally packaged into something else and sold as that. Without that Men’s football would t be nearly as lucrative. In respect to popularity football is considerably less popular in the UK than it was in the early 1900’s. It’s not fans and customers rewarding football that makes it a billion dollar enterprise, it was millionaires and billionaires using their enormous assists and infrastructure to turn it into an expensive international business interest.

And as I’ve pointed out already there was no issue with popularity for women’s football before it was banned. There’s no reason to assume that without growth it wouldn’t have continued to be so.

For someone talking a lot about economics you seem to fail to grasp the importance of the opportunity to be marketed. Men’s football had it. Women’s football hasn’t up to this point.

Sorry to interject (and no point scoring intended here) but as a very limited illustration as to what I think you’re discussing, I only missed two SAFC games last season, I watch football on the telly pretty much regardless of who is on (there is a pecking order) and I’m constantly on here looking for info like today regarding our potential signing, I watch sky sport and match of the day plus the EFL on Quest.
I didn’t watch one second of the recent Women’s World Cup.

You’re part of the 6 billion

Back