The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019: Haway the Lasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Take down the wall between men’s and women’s football is the obvious way not to discriminate - why can’t men play in WSL, for example? Preventing employment based on gender is illegal so not sure how WSL clubs get around it..... why can’t a man sign and play for Man City ladies team?

That being said - most normal people don’t argue for equality in pay. And I’m a 100% supporting England ladies - I think they can and will be watching with as much support as the England men’s team tbh.

Surely you aren’t being serious?

Right, I’m well up for this tonight. Going to watch as many games as I can. I admit I don’t know much about the International game but I’m hoping to learn lots.

Good article here about the teams and some interesting facts.

Women's World Cup: Who's playing? Who's the favourite to win - plus fun facts

I’m also listening to the podcast Two Girls World Cup (brilliant name) which is a good base level and doesn’t assume you know loads. One of the presenters is a Mag and there are a few jokes about how much she loves Steph Houghton and can’t cope with the fact that half the England team are Mackems.

Can someone link the tv thing on iPlayer from the weekend please? I can’t find it.

Edit: found it

England’s World Cup Lionesses: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005qbw via @bbciplayer

Last edited:
Hardly anyone cares about this. I don’t understand why it’s getting any coverage. They’re piss poor at football. Possibly put it on Dave channel or something.

It costs clubs a bomb as well. The clubs should scrap women’s football. If the woman are so arsed then start your own clubs don’t try to get a head start by jumping on an already established club.

Hardly anyone cares about this. I don’t understand why it’s getting any coverage. They’re piss poor at football. Possibly put it on Dave channel or something.

It costs clubs a bomb as well. The clubs should scrap women’s football. If the woman are so arsed then start your own clubs don’t try to get a head start by jumping on an already established club.

It does nothing for me, the womans game, I can't watch it, I find it dull. However I see no harm in it, I just choose not to watch it.

It does nothing for me, the womans game, I can't watch it, I find it dull. However I see no harm in it, I just choose not to watch it.
Because it’s false.

Football is popular on tv because people like to see elite sportsman play well. You can hear it in presenters voices on radio etc when they talk about woman’s football. They think it’s a joke. It will be watched on tv by hardly anyone and poorly attended because nobody cares.

Because it’s false.

Football is popular on tv because people like to see elite sportsman play well. You can hear it in presenters voices on radio etc when they talk about woman’s football. They think it’s a joke. It will be watched on tv by hardly anyone and poorly attended because nobody cares.
Yeah but there is loads on tv that is shyte, that Downtown Abbey thing, Coronation street etc, Some people will watch it. Me? well I will just choose not to.

However I see what you mean, I think there is an agenda to push it onto the mainstream.. Which is something I don't like, they force you to accept it. However if them forcing this into the mainstream and it finds a home with it's own dedicated viewers (of which I won't be one) then fine.

So don’t watch it and don’t comment on threads about it because it obviously just winds you up.

Have a lovely fortnight.

Wohhh hold on there!! I commented on this thread initially to help you out. Secondly I defended the right for Woman's football on TV.
Perhaps you should read all my posts in this thread, before assuming it winds me up.

Yeah but there is loads on tv that is shyte, that Downtown Abbey thing, Coronation street etc, Some people will watch it. Me? well I will just choose not to.

However I see what you mean, I think there is an agenda to push it onto the mainstream.. Which is something I don't like, they force you to accept it. However if them forcing this into the mainstream and it finds a home with it's own dedicated viewers (of which I won't be one) then fine.
It won’t find a big audience ever. The fact is people watch football in their millions because generations of family have supported the clubs or countries. If you’re watching other football it’s normally because you hate them or they play a nice brand of football. Let’s face it women are shit at football and nobody cares. You just aren’t allowed to admit it. It should not be on the telly at all.

Back