The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019: Haway the Lasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Top 6. But not as good as the ingerlish press have been banging on about.
Think terry, lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Beckham, Colex2 era ingerland and their golden generation sense of entitlement as being the trap these lasses don’t want to fall into.

They have a chance but it seems an open tournament. Bookies have England as fourth favourites behind the US, Germany and France, which seems about right, although there are question marks about all four teams. England's form a bit wobbly, US players in dispute with their federation, Germans in a transition phase, French notoriously poor in big tournaments.

Scotland have a good chance of going beyond the group stage if they beat Argentina, who are amongst the tournament outsiders.

Can someone explain this equal pay argument to me? The prize money is alot smaller for the fifa womens world cup because there is less fan attraction, less sponsership etc so why on earth would the money be the same as in the mens game?

Can someone explain this equal pay argument to me? The prize money is alot smaller for the fifa womens world cup because there is less fan attraction, less sponsership etc so why on earth would the money be the same as in the mens game?
There isn't an argument for it. The day they can produce a balance sheet that proves they are earning the same in advertising and other revenue's as the men is the day the should get paid the same.

Because of the feminazis..
Same as Sandi toxvig gets paid the same as Stephen Fry on QI even though her first series she was paid way more than Stephens first series (this I agree with as the show is much bigger than the first series and wages in general had risen) But the feminists demanded that she be paid the same as Stephen on his last series, which he had hosted the show for, what over 10 years?? So she comes in, gets paid the same as someone who had been there over ten years.. Equality ;)

Made some decent money from the last womens world cup. Already on a couple of bets, with a few highlighted games to keep an eye on.

Group Winners - France (A), Germany (B), England (D), USA (F) - just under 2/1 - should be a pretty safe bet

1st round of group games (Asian Handicaps) - all around evens (number in brackets is current world ranking)
08/06/2019 14.00 Germany (2) v China (16) (Germany -1.5)
08/06/2019 17.00 Spain (13) v South Africa (49) (Spain -2.25)
09/06/2019 14.30 Brazil (10) v Jamaica (53) (Brazil -2.5)
09/06/2019 17.00 England (3) v Scotland (20) (England -1.5)
10/06/2019 20.00 Canada (5) v Cameroon (46) (Canada -1.75)
11/06/2019 20.00 USA (1) v Thailand (34) (USA -4.5)

Will be playing these in singles and maybe a few doubles. Gulf in class between the top few sides in the world and others is huge

I was feeling very positive for them … until the last two games. We seem to have lost the momentum we had. Now maybe that's because Neville has been rotating the squad, but that's still a dangerous tactic.

We need a good start.

Credit to the Scotland for getting this far, but tbh expect them to freeze on the big stage, comfortable win for England.
Dunno about that. This is the second big tournament they've qualified for in a row, and they beat Spain at the Euros two years ago. I'm obviously biased, but I don't think Scotland can be written off so easily. Although I do accept that obviously England are strong favourites

The article on bbc sport has annoyed the hell out of me, I hate the way the world is going. No logical thinking required.

Take down the wall between men’s and women’s football is the obvious way not to discriminate - why can’t men play in WSL, for example? Preventing employment based on gender is illegal so not sure how WSL clubs get around it..... why can’t a man sign and play for Man City ladies team?

That being said - most normal people don’t argue for equality in pay. And I’m a 100% supporting England ladies - I think they can and will be watching with as much support as the England men’s team tbh.

Dunno about that. This is the second big tournament they've qualified for in a row, and they beat Spain at the Euros two years ago. I'm obviously biased, but I don't think Scotland can be written off so easily. Although I do accept that obviously England are strong favourites
The Scotland team have also been fully pro for about 9 months in preparation for this. I'm told it's improved their fitness etc no end. I'm not expecting a repeat of this fixture at the last Euros.

The Scotland team have also been fully pro for about 9 months in preparation for this. I'm told it's improved their fitness etc no end. I'm not expecting a repeat of this fixture at the last Euros.

Some very good players lead by Kim Little (Arsenal, Seattle Reign before that) and Erin Cuthbert (Chelsea).
But lack overall depth despite the switch to professionals. Maybe move up in 2023.

They have a chance but it seems an open tournament. Bookies have England as fourth favourites behind the US, Germany and France, which seems about right, although there are question marks about all four teams. England's form a bit wobbly, US players in dispute with their federation, Germans in a transition phase, French notoriously poor in big tournaments.

Scotland have a good chance of going beyond the group stage if they beat Argentina, who are amongst the tournament outsiders.

Expect USWNT to be the biggest disappointment of this World Cup, has not gelled as a team.

Last edited:

Back