The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019: Haway the Lasses

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Haway the hinnys. Get the buggers telt.
Come on England.
I'll be watching the games on tv and cheering England on.
I like the way the women go about the game, and try to play the game in the right spirit.
No blatant diving around, or getting in the refs face, whenever a decision goes against them.
No deliberately trying to get oppositon players booked or sent off.
It's good to see the women's game getting ever increasing tv coverage around the world.

Scotland.trying to get transport sorted for the Japan game in Rennes that will get me back in time for the Rod Stewart concert at the Lane Saturday night.
Hope you get to the game.

I seen Rod the Mod in concert years ago at Earls Court, iirc.
What a showman he is.
The women in the balcony were hoying their bras at him and he was kicking footballs into the audience.
Some fella near us, hoyed a pair of hoggers onto the stage, for a laugh I think :lol: :lol:

I'll be watching the games on tv and cheering England on.
I like the way the women go about the game, and try to play the game in the right spirit.
No blatant diving around, or getting in the refs face, whenever a decision goes against them.
No deliberately trying to get oppositon players booked or sent off.
It's good to see the women's game getting ever increasing tv coverage around the world.
You can't have seen the US ladies team much

Was talking to Finley yesterday about it. He's looking forward to it, he's asked for a wallchart of it so I'll be printing one out for him at work.

Hopefully the lionesses can get far and do well to help propel the game in England.

We've had some really good girls playing with Finley's team, just wish they had more role models to look up to in the national press etc.

You can't have seen the US ladies team much
I have seen enough of them to know they'll be one of the tournament favourites for this upcoming World Cup.
I watched them recently on the tv, in the Shebelieves pre world cup competition in America.
They are usually impressive and were probably expected to win the Shebelieves Cup, but were pipped by England.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen enough of them to know they'll be one of the tournament favourites for this upcoming World Cup.
I watched them recently on the tv, in the Shebelieves pre world cup competition in America.
They are usually impressive and were probably expected to win the Shebelieves Cup, but were pipped by England.
I was referring to the following comments
No deliberately trying to get opposition players booked or sent off.

London 2012: Canadian women robbed in soccer semi: Kelly | The Star

I was referring to the following comments
No deliberately trying to get opposition players booked or sent off.
London 2012: Canadian women robbed in soccer semi: Kelly | The Star
I get that not every player will play fair, but from the games I've seen, I'd say the vast majority of players have played the game in the right spirit.
There will always be exceptions.

Still irks me that Canada were robbed in 2012
Reading that link in your previous post, I can understand why you're irked.
The way in which Canada were denied victory, should spur them on for revenge when they next come up against the Yanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be watching every minute of every game including the highlights of Outer Mongolia v Third Lanark reserves. The wife told me I had to decorate as soon as the season was finished ... this could be the longest season ever:lol:
:p :lol:

Slightly off topic but my son asked me a question after watching the

England "lionesses" play football, the
England "red roses" play rugby at the weekend.

Why do we give lasses teams daft names?

The male footy team isn't the "England lions" and the rugby team isn't the "roses", they are both just England, so why do we do it for lasses sports.

To be honest I couldn't answer.

Slightly off topic but my son asked me a question after watching the

England "lionesses" play football, the
England "red roses" play rugby at the weekend.

Why do we give lasses teams daft names?

The male footy team isn't the "England lions" and the rugby team isn't the "roses", they are both just England, so why do we do it for lasses sports.

To be honest I couldn't answer.

Lionesses is short for Three Lionesses.
And the men’s team is the Three Lions.

Blame falls on the Plantagenets.

USWNT has plenty of individual talent but still not playing well as a team when playing against elite opponents. USA ingot some major disappointment in France IMO.

It’s either France or England, Germans have slipped a bit.

ingot should be
In For

Last edited:

Back