The failure of Ross

Ultimately players mentality cost us... Choked at every opportunity to kick on.... Need to employ players with the right mentality...
Not arsedif Ross left, but if he's up for the challenge then we'll see

That’s absolute bollocks. It’s become like a meme on here, ffs. Actually, sacking managers has saved us from the drop many times.

Bit lengthy this, but anyhoo...

Recruiting incompetent managers is what got us in league one. Every single one of our recent-ish managers, barring perhaps Poyet, has either been rightfully sacked, or left of their own accord. The only manager who looked like he might be taking us places was Allardyce. We didn’t sack him, he left. That is when things really started to go pear shaped for SAFC.

Moyes was a disgrace, nothing redeeming about his tenure, but no - despite taking us down after an utterly humiliating season, after a very decent run in the PL, we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Then we had Grayson. Disastrous appointment who looked like he could well be taking us down as we struggled and flapped about, no work ethic instilled in the players, showing zero signs of any shoots of recovery. We threw the dice and sacked him in the hope a new manager might save us. Despite looking out of his depth, apparently we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Along comes Coleman. Again, fails to motivate the team and, for only the second time in our history, we drop to the third division. Despite that, we should’ve kept him ‘cos sacking managers is bad’.

Now we have Ross. Now, it’s debatable whether he’s going to prove himself next season, I don’t know either way, but I doubt it. What I do know and what isn’t up for debate is that it isn’t sacking managers that has got us where we are, it’s the dismal appointments we’ve made. If we had good managers, they’d still be in a job. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

All a manager has to do for now is show that they can move the club forward and learn from their mistakes from game to game. If they don’t do that, it’s just plain madness to keep them.
Ellis shorts business model always doomed to fail

Last edited:
Peddling Ross after one season , given the complete shambles he inherited would just confirm what a basket case our club still is.
So if next season is a disaster and we peddle him then would that satisfy you in terms of the club doing things correctly?

Reid had taken us as far as he could and was peddled too late. Poyet was horrendous towards the end of his spell and lost the plot, Bradford away and Villa at home justified his removal. O’Neill was horrendous and negative, looked like a dinosaur.
Finished lower in the league after we sacked Reid and O'Neil... Not sure about Poyet

Not really embarrassing

The poster is probably like me Absolutely reeling that I forked out for two Wembley trips only for the manager to be completely out thought and out played in both.

The manager is a novice and a complete fraud.
Nobody asked you to fork out for them wembley trips . Hate it when ppl say this as if they've been robbed or forced to spend money on something they didnt want to and the club owes them something.

Is it just me or is there not enough uproar? It is an absolute disgrace he couldn't get us back up at the first attempt imho, he should be embarrassed.

Really, really clinging to the hope that Mark Campbell wants his own man.
He picked up a right mess top be fair...give him a dozen games with new signings and if we are not right up there then questions will rightly then be asked.

Not really embarrassing

The poster is probably like me Absolutely reeling that I forked out for two Wembley trips only for the manager to be completely out thought and out played in both.

The manager is a novice and a complete fraud.
I have to agree with this looks completely lost on the sidelines

Ultimately players mentality cost us... Choked at every opportunity to kick on.... Need to employ players with the right mentality...
Not arsedif Ross left, but if he's up for the challenge then we'll see

60 games, 2 awful Wembley appearances that could have resulted in getting out of this league or winning silverware suggest to me that he really isn't capable of taking this club to the next level.

Finished higher when we sacked Poyet. We picked up more points in the 7 games after sacking O’Neill than the previous 8 under him.
Fair doos... Sadly we're a country mile away from the standard of all those(or at least when the arrived)... Just hope Ross can learn from obvious mistakes he's made and kick on

60 games, 2 awful Wembley appearances that could have resulted in getting out of this league or winning silverware suggest to me that he really isn't capable of taking this club to the next level.
Possibly... Players arse went every opportunity we could smell progress tho...

Last edited:
He was brought in because his sides played good football and he improved them. I’d like to see us give him a chance to bring in players to suit that style of play.

Absolutely this! ‘First sign of adversity’! It beggars belief! :lol:

Cheers for the compliment. I could’ve gone into much more depth, but tbh it just falls on deaf ears. They’ve convinced themselves it’s sacking managers that’s the problem.
What you wrote was exactly how I feel, every manager we’ve moved on was justified.

Is it just me or is there not enough uproar? It is an absolute disgrace he couldn't get us back up at the first attempt imho, he should be embarrassed.

Really, really clinging to the hope that Mark Campbell wants his own man.
So everything is JR's fault? And you're clinging on to the judgement of someone you know nowt about?

You should be embarrassed

Back