The Fact Thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Keawyeds, May 17, 2018.

1. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

I've searched for the on-going one but by the look of things they've all been locked.
    So with that in mind, here's a bunch to kick things off -

1. The Curiosity rover on Mars sings ‘Happy Birthday’ to itself every year. Probably the loneliest birthday in the solar system.

2. There is a whale called 52 Blue that only sings at their frequency meaning it can’t communicate with other whales. It is nicknamed the loneliest whale on the planet.

3. 40% of the food produced in the world goes to waste.

4. The outside of your eye prevents your immune system from ever knowing about the inside of your eye. If a puncture allows the two to meet, your immune system may attack and destroy your eye as an invader.
    Terms for the horrified who cling to their skepticism as a shield against acknowledging this unfun fact to google: “immune privilege of the eye”

So y'know... that's fun.

kinkyjohn likes this.
  2. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

3. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

There is one person who is 7x more likely to kill you compared to everyone else. Yourself.

Something to think about...

mux likes this.
  4. The Raven

The Raven Winger

Anything that Robbie Savage says followed by the word FACT

5. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Is that just so he remember what to do in case someone has a stroke?

6. The Raven

The Raven Winger

:lol::lol:

Well done.

Keawyeds likes this.
  7. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Reg Vardy was my Grandpa's best man.

Keawyeds likes this.
  8. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

When you were younger, you and your friends went out to play for the last time and none of you knew it....

That one is quite a sobering thought

Odysseus and safcforever like this.
  9. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Central Defender

Jim white is in fact Jim white...and hes Hosted by Jim white sponsored by Wicks and a special promotion of jim "White" turps

10. I fucking love crisps

11. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Toddlers kill more people with guns in America than Terrorists kill people in America.

12. duff_man

duff_man Striker

So he can remember for a fact that the stroke initial diagnosis is FAST

13. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Heeeedtheball did go to Taybarns, it was just a while before he mentioned it on here.

If you hold a fart in too long your body absorbs it and you exhale it from your mouth giving you fart breath.

14. You doing the c2c with all the lads and lasses off here?

ivanthereasonable likes this.
  15. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Dammit...

16. Carpets

Carpets Goalkeeper

20% of coffee mugs contain faecal matter.

17. aukq

aukq Midfield

Stevie Wonder's blindness is a ruse.

18. Spennymackem1981

Spennymackem1981 Central Defender

JESUS IS DEAD

19. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

In the classic film North by Northwest, Jessie Royce Landis played Cary Grant's mother. Although her dob differs on various websites she was at the most 8 years older than Cary. Typical. :)

mux likes this.
  20. My neighbour has the loudest lawn mower in the world, possibly the Universe, and can be heard on Mars. This is a fact that i'm sure will be verified when humans populate Mars, and have assembled a massive hearing device. He's out there now, but not sure if he will be by the time Mars is populated.
    A fact related to that is, The clangers couldn't whistle because they are really just sock puppets.