The Express and their obsession with snow

L

Lexingtongue

Why are they so fixated on it? Look at the results in the news section on Google when you search 'snow UK'. 90% of the stories are from them.

Why are they so fixated on it? Look at the results in the news section on Google when you search 'snow UK'. 90% of the stories are from them.

I’ve just started using google news and the express is one of the sources. There is a weather story at least once a day and most of them are hysterical. Britain to be battered by SNOW this afternoon. Look on any weather forecast and - no snow. I’m not totally sure what they get out of it. Just click bait?

I’ve just started using google news and the express is one of the sources. There is a weather story at least once a day and most of them are hysterical. Britain to be battered by SNOW this afternoon. Look on any weather forecast and - no snow. I’m not totally sure what they get out of it. Just click bait?
It's been like this even before the Internet took off. I can always remember their front pages proclaiming the same nonsense. I'd love a bit snow, the bloody liars.

The Express are fkn hysterical where the weather is concerned..a centimetre of snow is the new ice age..winds over 20mph are killer storms from hell.

Or BBC Breakfast. I've never been on their site but whenever I google Naga Munchetty for research purposes they is always about 5 Express articles about her, Dan Walker or the lovely Carol. And they ALWAYS have RANDOM words capitolised.

Or BBC Breakfast. I've never been on their site but whenever I google Naga Munchetty for research purposes they is always about 5 Express articles about her, Dan Walker or the lovely Carol. And they ALWAYS have RANDOM words capitolised.
:lol: For some reason Google shoves their articles in my face in my phone browser and I can confirm this. They especially like the word SHOCKING.

Imagine being someone who buys the express. What makes you choose that paper. Actually helps me understand why the world is prone to shit, if people think the express is a rational chouce

Imagine being someone who buys the express. What makes you choose that paper. Actually helps me understand why the world is prone to shit, if people think the express is a rational chouce
Freudian slip? Chourcer was good at exaggerating things to get his work noticed :lol:.

Maybe some people buy it for a bit light entertainment. They can't think the headlines are serious once they know it's reputation. Plus as you say there are a lot of stupid people in the world

Its not just snow, its just the weather in general.

They have a limited selection of subjects to go on their front pages.
Weather
House prices
Pensions
The latest thing thats bad/good for your health.

Freudian slip? Chourcer was good at exaggerating things to get his work noticed :lol:.

Maybe some people buy it for a bit light entertainment. They can't think the headlines are serious once they know it's reputation. Plus as you say there are a lot of stupid people in the world
If you want light entertainment though wouldn't you go for a red top. Or are they too chav for these people

Back