The Estate: Life Up North

Sam Handwich

Striker
Channel 5 tomorrow 23:05

Documentary about life in the town of Washington, Tyne and Wear, following the lives, hopes and dreams of its residents over the course of six months. In the first edition, business is booming for 38-year-old fitness guru and entrepreneur Jonny, but after complaints about noise and parking issues, his gym has been threatened with closure

Channel 5 tomorrow 23:05

Documentary about life in the town of Washington, Tyne and Wear, following the lives, hopes and dreams of its residents over the course of six months. In the first edition, business is booming for 38-year-old fitness guru and entrepreneur Jonny, but after complaints about noise and parking issues, his gym has been threatened with closure
I'll be watching, lived in Washington the majority of my life - it's always been "home" :cool:

Do these documentaries ever focus on the good folk in sunderland? Rather they always seem keen of telling this kind of narrative. It just seems like lazy documentaries designed to have a sipe at Sunderland.
I'm fairly sure this one is focussing on the good folks of Washington, alas I'm not on it as I only have a face for radio.

Look how these peasant scroungers are damaging our country and effectively stealing £1000s from our economy. Arent they entertaining? Don't look at those other people hiding millions, they're boring.

Panorama often do a decent investigation into these companies but tbh watching a presenter read through 100's of pages of documents finding a company is based in Luxemburg but then transfers money to another company in IOM who then transfers money again to Monaco and then onto yet another company based in Luxemburg who then finally transfers it to the Cayman Islands for some billionaire to finally cash out and pay little to no tax on is pretty boring. Not saying they should get away with it but thats why we don't get multiple shows on channel 5 or 4 showing it, people clearly enjoy watching the alternative for some strange reason.

Back